Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Boston Celtics get the #1 pick in NBA draft thanks to Nets trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...adelphia-76ers

A day after reaching the Eastern Conference finals, the Boston Celtics won the NBA draft lottery, earning the No. 1 pick.

The Celtics will be followed by the Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers.

Boston becomes the first team to finish with the top record in a conference and then pick first overall since the Lakers did so and made James Worthy the No. 1 pick in the 1982 draft.

The Celtics got the pick in a swap with the Brooklyn Nets as part of the continuing fallout of a 2013 trade that sent Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry to Brooklyn. The Nets had the worst record in the league this season and thus had the greatest chance at getting the No. 1 pick. Brooklyn, in turn, will get the Celtics' pick in the draft, which is No. 27 overall. Boston also owns Brooklyn's first-round pick in next year's draft.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Personally I think the Celtics should trade the #1 pick to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler, sign Gordon Hayward and try to win before Horford and IT are done.

IT/Bradley/Butler/Hayward/Horford could give the Cavs and any other team a run for their money imho ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like how the NBA benefited by having Ball now basically end up with either the Celtics or Lakers. Probably the two best teams that could have landed him out of those in the running. Strange how the only time that doesn't seem to happen in the past whatever many years of the draft was the 1997 draft with Tim Duncan somehow not going to the Celtics.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Duncan was like Brady ... drafted into the perfect situation ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

They should wait until LeBron becomes old in two years time

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ Duncan was like Brady ... drafted into the perfect situation ...

Yeah I know this is the basketball side but Brady was so drafted into the perfect spot. Even playing behind Bledsoe and getting some time to learn the league rather than being thrown to the wolves immediately like Tim Couch, David Carr, etc. Duncan I think would have still been a star whoever drafted him but he really did land the perfect place to go to in San Antonio with David Robinson and Pop already being there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They should wait until LeBron becomes old in two years time

You mean in 4-5 years time ... LeBron is a machine ...

Yeah I know this is the basketball side but Brady was so drafted into the perfect spot. Even playing behind Bledsoe and getting some time to learn the league rather than being thrown to the wolves immediately like Tim Couch, David Carr, etc. Duncan I think would have still been a star whoever drafted him but he really did land the perfect place to go to in San Antonio with David Robinson and Pop already being there.

Brady is a system QB and I doubt he would have become a star had he landed with the Browns ... as for Duncan ... I agree he still would have been a great player but he may never have become the GOAT OF on another team.

However ... I think one of the most interesting "what ifs" in sports is ... what if the Lakers would have traded Shaq to the Spurs for the rights to the #1 pick in he summer of 1997 plus filler and drafted Duncan to pair with Kobe ... Kobe and Duncan could have went to 10+ Finals ... crazy.