Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

"I also truly doubt Leaf sells out of all their product in the true sense of the word. LMK if you wish to discuss that in further detail. "

Basically all the product on their end gets accounted for by distributors and wholesalers. From there it sits in a warehouse and ferments a bit... But its able to be purchased still for anyone who wants it.
    Certainly not selling out though...

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread is a bit of a disaster

Unfortunately its been misconstrued by a few to be but certainly highlights some lower points about the hobby. I think we all wish we had the means financially to sign a top player(s) to an exclusive deal only to not utilize them... At that point you might think you're kicking the competition in the teeth but really its just the consumers that end up missing teeth.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, most of our product is of the variety that our distrib sells through prior to ship and requests more, which we do not have. If often enough product "ferments" Distributors will cease to order.

We keep our volumes low to account for The troublesome exchange rate in Canada and to keep from too much "fermenting" if a distributor chooses to hold product back, that is their choice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck could have made a stronger offer to lock up Nico and Patrick, they were afforded that option. When it came to The NHLPA, NHL and McDavid deals, we were not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@doniceage - LeafGregg has stated in this thread that they are selling out their products
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, most of our product is of the variety that our distrib sells through prior to ship and requests more, which we do not have. If often enough product "ferments" Distributors will cease to order.

We keep our volumes low to account for The troublesome exchange rate in Canada and to keep from too much "fermenting" if a distributor chooses to hold product back, that is their choice.

That would explain the Jack Eichel cases of "sets" D&A has had for 2 years and been unable to sell out of... Got it. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

That would explain the Jack Eichel cases of "sets" D&A has had for 2 years and been unable to sell out of... Got it. ;)

Well, D&A has it. They had to buy it from someone .... Leaf, on the other hand, has sold out of that product. Does that mean its been 100% completely busted? Not at all. It means they put out X amount of cases for sale, and X amount of cases were purchased from them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Well I'm not sure how that works. It's as if all the entire products are sent out to various companies that have some sort of contract. The price reduces so they end up paying less to the manufacturer over time. The companies and smaller store owners technically own the product and therefore the product is technically sold out.

I like going to the Expo and picking up various boxes of ITG Motown Madness from sellers. Over the years I've seen them dwindle away to only seeing one vendor have it in stock. Motown Madness was sold out a month after release.

I bought 12 boxes of Decades 90s from a vendor. He was all sold out. At the end of that day he had another case, I saw him bring it in. He wanted more for a box. I went home.

So Leafs is Sold out. This Vendor is sold out. This other dude is sold out. They're all sold out !

Yet theres always more somewhere ...

As for the exclusive signings... I'm not sure what to think about it. I think what was done with Eichel by the end of the season is very disheartening to see. I hope it's not like that every time. Brings the value way down. It's unnecessary and counter-productive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I'm not sure how that works. It's as if all the entire products are sent out to various companies that have some sort of contract. The price reduces so they end up paying less to the manufacturer over time. The companies and smaller store owners technically own the product and therefore the product is technically sold out.

I like going to the Expo and picking up various boxes of ITG Motown Madness from sellers. Over the years I've seen them dwindle away to only seeing one vendor have it in stock. Motown Madness was sold out a month after release.

I bought 12 boxes of Decades 90s from a vendor. He was all sold out. At the end of that day he had another case, I saw him bring it in. He wanted more for a box. I went home.

So Leafs is Sold out. This Vendor is sold out. This other dude is sold out. They're all sold out !

Yet theres always more somewhere ...

As for the exclusive signings... I'm not sure what to think about it. I think what was done with Eichel by the end of the season is very disheartening to see. I hope it's not like that every time. Brings the value way down. It's unnecessary and counter-productive.

ITG and Leaf didn't merge until 3 years ago... So the Motown Madness point lost me...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, D&A has it. They had to buy it from someone .... Leaf, on the other hand, has sold out of that product. Does that mean its been 100% completely busted? Not at all. It means they put out X amount of cases for sale, and X amount of cases were purchased from them.

i follow the semantics just chuckle at it...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast