Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Celtics
    Twitter: @@akkadiator See sonicelevation's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Question about a Green Hit High Series 2016 Pack -

Newbie Alert guys sorry!

Just got into this after 1/4 century, but when I searched for this Green Hit High Series Pack with Jared Goff on google I could not find an image hit. As you can see its easy to pull Dak & Zeke's all day at 2.99 a pack. So my question is do I snatch these things up when I see them or leave them hanging? They are not the best looking cards let's face it. But its still fun feeling like a kid again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most football collectors really don't like Sage Hit because it is unlicensed college football cards. They usually prefer the rookies on their NFL teams and not college (though some prefer college rookies over the NFL as they mainly collect college teams).
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@akkadiator See sonicelevation's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Thanks for response pwaldo, you're right that seems to be the general sentiment. That and they just are NOT nice looking. But at 2.99 can I really go wrong here?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Thanks for response pwaldo, you're right that seems to be the general sentiment. That and they just are NOT nice looking. But at 2.99 can I really go wrong here?

That depends. Do you want them for your own collection? Then no, you can't go wrong if you want the cards. If you hope to trade or sell them- then skip Hit entirely, as Pwaldo says, collectors don't really want them, they dont have any long term or short term value, and they aren't really that enticing to most player collectors. So it really depends on what you are looking to do with them if you pull them
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm, than maybe I will have to rethink reupping on these. What are the best packs to look out for collectors over the last 5 years? Obviously if I see any 2011 packs I will jump on those.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

There are a couple of things to consider
    1. Who do you want to collect? I mean, if you are after Dak or Zeke, obviously 2016 is your year of choice
    2. What is your price point? Cheap packs tend to yield cheap cards, which dont have a lot of trade value- so you need to figure out where the focus of your collection is going to be. Certain players, only rookies, autographs, jerseys, teams, etc... That will help you pick the right packs.
    3. Are you planning on collecting, or hoping to sell for a profit? If the second is your goal- save your money to buy boxes or cases, as single packs rarely if ever yield enough to allow for profiting.
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great advice Ed, should probably hit the pause button until I can answer those question! Just got caught up in the nostalgia of my childhood. My first pack in 25 years pulled a stat line Mariota rookie for which I saw someone listing on ebay for 89.99! But then I saw COMC listing the same card for 13... so really just need to calm down and catch my breath. First step is to figure out what the best guide is for price values...

There are a couple of things to consider
    1. Who do you want to collect? I mean, if you are after Dak or Zeke, obviously 2016 is your year of choice
    2. What is your price point? Cheap packs tend to yield cheap cards, which dont have a lot of trade value- so you need to figure out where the focus of your collection is going to be. Certain players, only rookies, autographs, jerseys, teams, etc... That will help you pick the right packs.
    3. Are you planning on collecting, or hoping to sell for a profit? If the second is your goal- save your money to buy boxes or cases, as single packs rarely if ever yield enough to allow for profiting.
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

First step is to figure out what the best guide is for price values...

I check the completed auctions to get an idea of what stuff sells for. Just completed auctions that have sold though. Other things could just be a wishful seller hoping to get a high price and they never do. But if it sells for $100 then it is a $100 card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my latest escapade, I totally went against your better advice and spent a bunch on some stupid Gems of the Games boxes and just got trash.

I think I just needed to get it out of my system. Going to take a break on breaks until the new season of cards land...