Condition quality of cards received from redemptions?

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing a Future Watch Auto redemption of Auston Matthews, and would plan to get it graded by BGS. For those of you who have redeemed cards, when the actual card arrives is the condition usually the same you might find in a pack or potentially better? I realize centering wouldn't be different but am hoping that perhaps the corners and surface would have a better chance of being gem mint.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Find great items from Steel City Collectibles on eBay and save money!
    Ideally should be better as it goes through much less handling. But players can still drop cards or jam corners or rub peanut butter on edges. You just never know until you get the final product.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

You would think it would be better but as it is with any cards whether pack pulled or not, you really don't know what you're going to get.
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it, and will probably give it a go on the purchase.