Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nashville is a hockey town, so Canada was totally wrong

The “Nashville Is A Hockey Town” story has become its own sub-genre at this point.

The articles start with a hockey writer at some local greasy spoon, because it’s very important to establish a non-traditional market through its cuisine. For Kevin Allen of USA Today, it was “Jack’s Bar-B-Que on Broadway, where grub is served cafeteria-style.” Mark Spector of Sportsnet opted for a sandwich shop on Union Street, “about as far from Schwartz’s Deli in Montreal or Sarge’s Deli in New York City as hockey people could possibly find themselves.”

Then, to underscore that we’re not exactly in Kamloops here, they add a little local color with a pivot to the hockey stuff. Like when Spector writes, “Well, guess what, y’all? The Preds are fixin’ to win it all, two-stepping all the way to their first Stanley Cup in 20 years.”
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nashvi...160047701.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Tampa Bay Lightning San Antonio Spurs Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @petemfcrowe See minticus07's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Cool story thanks.... Go Preds! lol

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I will say this for Nashville:

If you're looking for somewhere to go in the middle of hockey season, and have a great weekend (both @ the game, and on the town) I can't think of a place I'd recommend ahead of Nashville.

The arena is great, the atmosphere is a lot of fun.... and it's right on Broadway (the heart of downtown). I've been there a couple of times (once for a hockey game) and have nothing but good things to say about the city.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will say this for Nashville:

If you're looking for somewhere to go in the middle of hockey season, and have a great weekend (both @ the game, and on the town) I can't think of a place I'd recommend ahead of Nashville.

The arena is great, the atmosphere is a lot of fun.... and it's right on Broadway (the heart of downtown). I've been there a couple of times (once for a hockey game) and have nothing but good things to say about the city.

Can agree with that assessment. It a great place for a game and having fun afterwards.

DON