May's Shea Weber-a-Thon and Other Habs PC Pickups

Thanks to a big COMC delivery and some eBay purchases, I think I added around 20 Shea Weber cards to the PC in May!

Let's get the show started with a bunch of Man Mountain cards...

2016-17 MVP 2015-16 All-Star Variations #AS10 Shea Weber

And one other non-Habs card, thanks to @Quirkcards
    2013-14 Select Double Strike Prizms Gold #DS18 Shea Weber /10

All right, Habs time! Shiny Platinum goodies!
    Icy Blue Traxx

Blue Cubes /99
    2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Royal Blue Cubes #90 Shea Weber

Rainbow Orange /25
    2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Rainbow Orange #90 Shea Weber

Well I don't have an Emerald Surge yet, but I do have this!
    2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum Printing Plates Magenta #90 Shea Weber 1/1

Slightly less shiny, but more OPC-type stuff! Rainbow accomplished!

Some sweet Series 2 parallels!

And one last super-shiny...the PMG Emerald /10!

Yeah so that was the month in Shea Weber. I do in fact still collect other Habs players, and here's the haul for them...

This was the rookie that had all the hype after going #9 overall...
    2016-17 Upper Deck Silver Foil #236 Mikhail Sergachev

2016-17 Upper Deck Rookie Materials #RMMS Mikhail Sergachev

And this was the rookie that put up a pretty strong campaign...

2016-17 Upper Deck Silver Foil #232 Artturi Lehkonen

2016-17 SP Authentic #177 Artturi Lehkonen

Here's everyone's favourite turtle-neck wearing Czech:
    2016-17 SP Game Used Banner Year Winter Classic #BWCTP Tomas Plekanec

And a cool b-day present from @notoriousrob101
    2013-14 Playbook First Draft Signatures #20 Alex Galchenyuk

I'm over the Captain not scoring any goals in the playoffs...I did just trade away a really nice card of his but these appeared:

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #103 Max Pacioretty

2016-17 Compendium Red #440 Max Pacioretty - I like these red ones. Chasing Radulov & Weber in Series 3 presently.

And how about a sick Patches patch!
    2015-16 Ultimate Collection Jumbo Materials Spectrum Silver #JMMP Max Pacioretty /5

I'm still waiting for more content featuring Radulove, for now these will do!

2016-17 Upper Deck Silver Foil #353 Alexander Radulov

2016-17 Upper Deck Gold Rainbow Foil #353 Alexander Radulov

2017 Parkhurst Priority Signings #PSAR Alexander Radulov /25

Carey Price is still my main man. Wonder if I'll see him in Kelowna at all this summer.

2016-17 Compendium SP Achievement Magenta #SP2 Carey Price - this is a really neat foil-ish card.

This is a pretty perfect Habs logo patch piece
    2015-16 SP Game Used All-Star Skills Fabrics Patch #AS19 Carey Price

Let's close it all down and bring it full circle by going back to the last Rockets-Habs guy.

2012-13 Limited Jumbo Prime #17 Josh Gorges jersey number 26/49

And I showed off this one already, but it deserves one more look because it's really that awesome.
    2012-13 Prime Colors Numbers #112 Josh Gorges - all 6 cards in the print run!

That was May!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    I've seen some of those before. Nice haul Rich!

LOL Some should definitely look familiar to you @nerf2003! Thanks for the great swaps!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Is any month any time soon going to beat May? Man, these cards are special. Congrats on the Prime Numbers accomplishment. Definitely don't mind seeing that picture again. That is something you really don't see everyday. Congrats on the rest of the Habs stuff as well.

Awesome !

And congrats on that Weber Blank Back card. It's a low-key card, but it can be so hard to track down. Still missing a few myself.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

That's some great collecting right there! I'll look forward to seeing what June and that UDRAK brings!

Gotta love those OPC parallels. Nice pickups. Question about the compendium magenta card. Is that a physical card? and how did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by pigskinpete View Post
    Gotta love those OPC parallels. Nice pickups. Question about the compendium magenta card. Is that a physical card? and how did you get it?
    That one is the Achievement card that collectors receive for putting together the complete set. It is a physical card. My pal Eric was good enough to send it my way in exchange for a cool Sergachev card.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

@creasecollector I love doing the OPC parallel Rainbow. The Blank Back was actually the first card of his I picked up so at that point I knew I had to do it. Over the years I've been able to get my hands on quite a few of various PC players--but stymied in other years. The Black Rainbow for Weber this year also seems to be a super tough find.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content