Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mcneck5's Items on eBay

HOF ROMLB Shipping Tips and Collecting

Hey everyone,

I have a dozen baseballs I'd like to ship out to get signed. I have seen folks send them in bags to get signed. Has anyone had issues with them getting smudged or does that mainly happen with Sharpies/markers?

Also here is my list so far

Brooks Robinson
    Fergie Jenkins
    Ryne Sandberg
    Andre Dawson
    Wade Boggs
    Jim Rice
    Rollie Fingers
    Goose Gossage
    Gaylord Perry
    Bobby Doerr
    Steve Carlton
    Orlando Cepeda

I wan't to get as many HOF'ers as I can and preferably with their HOF inscription. If you all have any you would like to sell feel free to message me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Most of those guys will sign with pen. Bobby Doerr is 99 years old. I'm not sure if he is still signing or not. I know he was great through the mail. good luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mcneck5's Items on eBay

Most of those guys will sign with pen. Bobby Doerr is 99 years old. I'm not sure if he is still signing or not. I know he was great through the mail. good luck.

Yeah just looked on another site and his signature has gotten bad. He's still cranking them out though :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @musclebeech See Musclebeech's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

I've never had a problem with smudging when getting a ball signed. I usually pack a padded mailing envelope with the ball (in a sandwich-sized ziploc bag), the pen i want them to use, a LOR, and a pre-addressed and postage paid return envelope (a smaller padded envelope that will fit the ball). I usually tell the recipient to keep the pen. (It helps ensure that the pen doesn;t leak when the ball is on its way back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please don't use a sharpie.

...Rick