Misprints on 16-17 SP authentic future watch rookie cards

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of acquiring one of these inscribed Auto rookie cards (#/50 /999) and noticed that it had a misprint.

I know the picture isn't clear as day but it seems pretty obvious from the waist down (with the ink). Then I thought to check other cards as well and there were more with the similar if not the same misprint, so obviously there's been problems in manufacturing.

Could someone tell if that affects the card's grade/value, and if so, how (much) or is this a known problem with the inscribed patch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    It could be just the photo lighting, but I see a circular dot in the photo as well. If that's what you're referring too, then that could be a little misprint.

But if it's just the lighting playing with my eyes, then I'm not sure if it's definitely a misprint, as a lot of the FW cards this year had the "fog" effect from the waist down, and others did not for some reason.

For this waist down effect, I think it's too much of a mass-production effect to be considered a misprint per-say, as misprints usually only effect a card or two, and tend to be of the smaller variety. It could very well be a misprint, but I think UD was purposeful with that "fog" effect this year to highlight the auto better. As for grading, I think you'll be fine.

I could be wrong, but that's my take on it. If you have a scan or clearer pictures, that would be helpful.

Either way, misprint or not, it's a really great card that will bring you something nice!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Yeah, sometimes light plays a trick on you. However, this is not the case this time around. The seller himself said that it was a misprint and to quote:

"this card has printing errors on the ink of Laine... seems to be a manufacturing defect on the card" and

"The card itself has ink misprinting on it, but it's a natural part of the card manufacturing process rather than being damaged in the act of pulling the card out of the pack. Also, the other ones that have sold even non inscribed face the same problem, if you look closely at the photos. I'll see if I can get a better picture for you. If you compare the two closely you can see, but once again if you reference this with other listings I assure you my card of Laine is not the only with ink printing problems."

(sorry about the bad font by the way)

If you look at the other attachment, the misprints don't apply here f.ex: second example.PNG
    So yeah, it's obvious that a lot of the cards from this patch suffer from this. The question really comes down to does it affect the grading as well? I'm no expert on that field to be honest.

And yeah, bad ink or not it's a nice damn card regardless. (:

I just pulled a Laine. When I get it in the mail I can compare and let you know. Mine is not inscribed but the same print none the less.

Are you talking about the faded effect on the lower part of the body? That's not a misprint; that's purposely done for the purposes of the autograph area. If you look at a lot of the Future Watch cards they have the same effect.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by kdnist View Post
    I just pulled a Laine. When I get it in the mail I can compare and let you know. Mine is not inscribed but the same print none the less.
    Would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Are you talking about the faded effect on the lower part of the body? That's not a misprint; that's purposely done for the purposes of the autograph area. If you look at a lot of the Future Watch cards they have the same effect.
    See the original photo, you can clearly see that the shades form some kind of a square in the bottom half of the card. In the other picture (which isn't inscribed) the entire bottom half is colored with the same shade. They don't look alike and I doubt the seller would have mentioned about it if he didn't see the same.