Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question for those with custom/photoshop skills...

Fairly new to the site, so I apologize up front if this has been asked before by somebody else.

I just started doing TTMs and noticed that there are some pretty desirable TTM signers that WILL NOT sign trading cards, and will ONLY sign index cards (Fred Lynn and Joe Morgan are just two examples).

My guess is they are signing for free and know that these items are more difficult to sell for a profit online. I get it.

However, as somebody that has never sold anything on eBay, and does this just for the joy of collecting, this is kind of a bummer. I would love to have a Fred Lynn card signed. I wouldn't turn my nose up at an index card, but would MUCH rather have a card with his picture... Or at least SOME kind of design elements.

I don't know much about making customs (what programs/equipment is involved, what is/isn't legal, etc.), but I know there are some avid collectors here that DO make customs and might be able to help.

I'm thinking of sending TTM requests to some of the "index card only" guys and then doing custom printing on the card after it has been signed. Printing only on the area around the autograph, but not printing over the autograph. (I'm hoping this makes sense). Almost like the artists that take signed balls and paint them, leaving the signature intact (see links at the end of the post for examples).

Another idea I have is taking these index cards an making cut signature cards out of them. But, again, I have absolutely no experience (or the proper equipment) to know if it is even possible.

Has anybody done something like this before, or would they be willing to try it? I don't have the editing skills to do it, or I would attempt it myself.

Here are the examples of the balls I mentioned. Mind you, I don't need paintings, just photographs and/or other design elements printed on the cards.

Willie Mays painted ball: http://www.grandstandsports.com/images/50259.jpg
    Yogi Berra painted ball: https://pristineauction.com/blog/wp-...ction.com_.jpg
    Joe DiMaggio painted ball: https://pristineauction.com/blog/wp-...ction.com_.jpg

Thanks for any help!
    J

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Great question... and welcome aboard.

There are many in here that can do cut signature cards for you, for example, take a look at some of the work @RockiesFan33 has done in his thread at the top. I think it'd be difficult to print a card around an autograph, but there are many who have done custom cut cards in the past.