Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beaulieu a Buffalo Sabre

Bergevin just gave Beaulieu away to Buffalo for a bag of pucks so that must mean that he knows that he has either Barrie or Phaneuf coming in, or perhaps both.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

I hope there's a follow up trade for the Habs. Return is low, even for an RFA. I had expected Beaulieu to move before the deadline; just hoping someone else is coming in. Unless they see Jerabek as his replacement.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He was scratched in the playoffs and never established himself as a top-4. I don't see nate ever becoming a first PP fixture nor a PK stud while his 5-on-5 play is inconsistent defensively to say the least. He's still fairly young and improved his points total which are positive for him. I don't see how this is not a fair trade all things considered. Of course, I would have liked to see immediate help for nate but if Bergevin thinks he was going to be picked by Vegas, better get something for him.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Still not sure of this deal but I hoping Bergevin has a few deals in mind to help Nate out also as mentioned above.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It really speaks to how far he's fallen in management's eyes in the past year. Remember, he started the past season on top-D pairing with Shea Weber. That's one heck of a substantial fall to go from that to being a healthy scratch (and saying he learned nothing from the experience) and then obviously not even seen as redemption-worthy and being protected on the list.

I think it's another instance of management giving up on a top prospect (he was their first pick in 2011) too soon, but they have had a couple years now to evaluate his full body of work. He does have some notoriously bad brain cramps on the ice, and he's obviously not ready for full prime-time play out there...but it still stinks a little bit.

C'est la vie.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Sabre fan perspective on this deal

The Sabres were in a spot that after Risto and McCabe, there was NO ONE to really protect (Bogo, maybe). In making this deal, the hope is that with Housley as the coach, this is a low risk move with the potential that he becomes a 4-5 D-man (after Risto, McCabe, Guhle and Antipin)

I know there is some work in his game that needs to be made, but for a 3rd round pick, well worth the risk.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I think the return was fair. No GM would give a 2nd for him, so this is his worth. It's just frustrating as a Hab fan to close the book on another lousy first round pick.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This one is simple.

They don't value him as much as one of Jordie Benn, Brandon Davidson, Alex Emilin.... and they believe that he'd have been taken in the draft by Vegas.

As was already said: No GM was willing to give them a 2nd round pick, so they took a high 3rd.

Not great return for a guy that was picked in the 1st round not that long ago..... but what else can you do? Lose him for nothing next week?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Sabre fan perspective on this deal

The Sabres were in a spot that after Risto and McCabe, there was NO ONE to really protect (Bogo, maybe). In making this deal, the hope is that with Housley as the coach, this is a low risk move with the potential that he becomes a 4-5 D-man (after Risto, McCabe, Guhle and Antipin)

I know there is some work in his game that needs to be made, but for a 3rd round pick, well worth the risk.

Another Sabre fan perspective, and I 100% agree on the above. Worth the risk.