eBay: Americans buying and shipping to Canada

Hey so if this is in the wrong section of the forum, I apologize and mods please move it there.

I am Canadian. I collect baseball cards. Specifically 17 Gypsy Queen blue Jays paralllels and Marcus Stroman patches and autos. Shipping from the great land south of the 49tj parallel can be a killer on eBay - especially since majority of sellers use the rip off global shipping program. Every onece in a while, though, there is someone gracious enough to sell me a card and waive the global shipping program and send via a protected PWE and make my frozen tundra'd heart melt just a little.

My my question to our collecting community is there anyone in the states willing to purchase cards for me who gets really cheap shipping and then flip them to me for the cost of the card, shipping to you, shipping to me plus a small fee to cover your time?

If so, would you please PM me or reply back to this thread and hopefully we can work out a deal or something? If there are cards in Canada which you're after I would gladly return the favor!

Cheers, Taco

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

I sell a lot on eBay, but no longer out of the US. Shipping cost are way too high for us to ship to you, I do not buy into that Global Shipping program. Too many variables to deal with. I know it is tough because what you desire is here and folks a reluctant to ship there, but in all honesty, there is not much we can do. I can ship a small(under 3oz) package to The Great White North for around $10, which includes supplies. I am not willing to eat that amount for small purchases. Now if you were to spend $100 or more I would gladly waive most if not all shipping fees. I really get frustrated when folks try to lump all eBay sellers into one group. Some of us strive very hard to provide quality and affordable goods as well as good customer service.
    Hidden Content
    You can get an additional 10% OFF your eBay order just for being a SCF member. PM me to see how.

Greetings:
    PM SENT
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by seal006 View Post
    I sell a lot on eBay, but no longer out of the US. Shipping cost are way too high for us to ship to you, I do not buy into that Global Shipping program. Too many variables to deal with. I know it is tough because what you desire is here and folks a reluctant to ship there, but in all honesty, there is not much we can do. I can ship a small(under 3oz) package to The Great White North for around $10, which includes supplies. I am not willing to eat that amount for small purchases. Now if you were to spend $100 or more I would gladly waive most if not all shipping fees. I really get frustrated when folks try to lump all eBay sellers into one group. Some of us strive very hard to provide quality and affordable goods as well as good customer service.
    No I understand what you're talking about with shipping costs to Canada being high. I agree and its ludicrous and out of all of our control. 3oz translates to about 80g (based on a google conversion) which is roughly 15 regular cards in a bubble mailer - which - the 10 bucks shipping is pretty reasonable and a dollar value I'd pay for a decent sized lot to have shipped.

The global shipping program is such a farce... generally for a 2 dollar card ebay would charge me about 25CAD to have it shipped to me which obviously is just astronomical and definitely not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tacocorp10 View Post
    No I understand what you're talking about with shipping costs to Canada being high. I agree and its ludicrous and out of all of our control. 3oz translates to about 80g (based on a google conversion) which is roughly 15 regular cards in a bubble mailer - which - the 10 bucks shipping is pretty reasonable and a dollar value I'd pay for a decent sized lot to have shipped.

The global shipping program is such a farce... generally for a 2 dollar card ebay would charge me about 25CAD to have it shipped to me which obviously is just astronomical and definitely not worth it at all.
    That is why I said what I said. On eBay I would never send to Canada. On these message boards, as long as it is a high enough transaction, I am always willing
    Hidden Content
    You can get an additional 10% OFF your eBay order just for being a SCF member. PM me to see how.

Dude, I was in the same exact boat, got really frustrated with missing out on hundreds of cards because I couldn't afford to use eBay's GSP every time, and I got some great advice. COMC.com offers a FREE mailbox service. Create an account and you can have cards shipped to COMC attention your mailbox. You pay a much lower US domestic shipping rate for eBay purchases and only a minimal procesing fee to COMC when you items is added to your inventory. When it arrives in your mailbox COMC opens the package, photographs it and emails you confirmation. I no longer miss out on cards when sellers won't ship to Canada. It's awesome!
    Stuck in the 90s, I collect all things and everything Hidden Content .
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealSOC View Post
    Dude, I was in the same exact boat, got really frustrated with missing out on hundreds of cards because I couldn't afford to use eBay's GSP every time, and I got some great advice. COMC.com offers a FREE mailbox service. Create an account and you can have cards shipped to COMC attention your mailbox. You pay a much lower US domestic shipping rate for eBay purchases and only a minimal procesing fee to COMC when you items is added to your inventory. When it arrives in your mailbox COMC opens the package, photographs it and emails you confirmation. I no longer miss out on cards when sellers won't ship to Canada. It's awesome!
    The problem with that is you cannot have two addresses for on eBay account. Buyer and seller protection are voided if shipped to an address that is not considered the main address for the account. Some sellers may be willing to risk it. Not me. It was not too long ago that shipping to Canada was only about $3.25 for the size I used to ship. Now I am blown away by the increase.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by seal006 View Post
    The problem with that is you cannot have two addresses for on eBay account. Buyer and seller protection are voided if shipped to an address that is not considered the main address for the account. Some sellers may be willing to risk it. Not me. It was not too long ago that shipping to Canada was only about $3.25 for the size I used to ship. Now I am blown away by the increase.
    Huh? I have four addresses in eBay. My home, a summer cottage, a friend in Texas, and my COMC address. When I need a card shipped to another address I either make it primary or I add an item to cart and update the shipping address when I checkout. Works for me every time.
    Stuck in the 90s, I collect all things and everything Hidden Content .
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealSOC View Post
    Huh? I have four addresses in eBay. My home, a summer cottage, a friend in Texas, and my COMC address. When I need a card shipped to another address I either make it primary or I add an item to cart and update the shipping address when I checkout. Works for me every time.
    Correct, but you can have only one primary. If he is buying from Canada and US, the toggling is what causes issues with protection plans.
    Hidden Content