Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autographs

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country
    See mattp13-69's Items on eBay

Autographs

Just curious, who here has had luck getting autographs IP from NHL guys? My worst experience was with Patrick Roy. He was coaching the Quebec Remparts, it was pre-season play in Halifax, he was standing by the bus and my 6 yr old son who loved watching YouTube vids of greats in goal, asked Patrick and he VERY rudely said no......broke my boy's heart......and lost a fan....not that it matters to him......

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have gotten Patrick Roy twice, and he seemed fine to do things both times I met him, as long as you didn't try and go for multiple autos.

Some of the classiest folks I've gotten IP:

Mario Lemieux
    Joe Sakic
    Zach Parise
    Lee Stempniak
    Cal Clutterbuck
    Jarome Iginla
    Ryan O'Reilly
    Brian Gionta
    Cory Schneider
    Mark Pysyk

There are probably more but those are just who immediately came to mind for me. Every person above signed my stuff with a smile on their face, made some conversation and in Lemeiux's case hung around in the lobby of the ice rink to chat with the folks that were there. In the case of Pysyk/O'Reilly/Gionta because I've seen them up close in Buffalo, I don't think I can recall a time that they haven't stopped to sign for fans.

And not NHL, but honorable mention to NFL players Fred Jackson, and Thurman Thomas because both are crazy awesome dudes to meet in person.

Not so good:

Jack Eichel (although he has gotten better this year - I think just specific people in Buffalo have angered him)
    Dustin Byfuglien (complete jerk)

Worst ever:

Dominik Hasek - Basically had the same thing happen to me that happened to your son with Roy. I was about 6, walked up to him with my goalie stick in a local arena and he said "I don't do autographs" and walked away. Hated him ever since.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country

Yep, I was pretty disgusted.....I know some of the Mooseheads who saw this made a point of engaging my son for a long time after that......current NHL roster players.....MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale......quality guys

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've had a few pretty good ones over the years. So many players live here in Kelowna in the off-season now that it's pretty crazy. Gorges several times, and I was one of the first people probably to get a Weber Habs autograph:

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country

I guess thankfully for every ingrate, there are lots who are fan friendly

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Good: Weber, Tootoo, Seabrook, Gorges, Dubnyk, Iginla, Getzlaf, Kesler, Bieska, Gibson, Perry, Sakic, McLean (Best Wishes) and Gallager.

Bad: Carey Price - Flips over pucks and signs the back for kids, hides the autograph in dark areas in pics, uses green and purple sharpies and told me "I hope you make good money" off the 2 and only items I personally asked him to sign.

Soon after I traded my card PC of him.
    Last edited by notoriousrob101; 06-21-2017 at 02:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't seek them out like I used to since there are so many easy-to-get and verified Autos on cards now.

The two best in STL are Federko and Hull. Both are friendly and take the time to sign whatever you'd like despite being so recognizable and constantly hounded for their autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (57)
    Country

sad how jaded some guys get

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have not tried for autographs IP in a long, long time.

Mario Lemieux was really good. He wasn't all that interested in meeting people - but I was sitting in a box @ Mellon Arena... and I guess when he was at games, it's customary for him to signs for people during one of the intermissions. Everyone line up, Mario give you an autograph, then go back to your box :)

The two best IP guys I ever met: Darius Kasparitus, and Alexi Yashin. Kasparitus was @ the Isles training camp back in the 90s. He was injured, so wasn't participating in the practice. Stopped and signed for everyone in between whatever it was he was doing. Probably spent 30 mins there signing and chatting with folks.

Yashin: Was outside the NHL Awards in Toronto. Of all the players that were there that night, he was the only that decided to walk through a very public area, and sign for people. He must have done 200 autographs before he went in.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

I have had a lot of good ones......but the really good: Mcsorley, Lafleur, Bobby Ryan(have gotten him many times and he is awesome every single time), Kevin Weeks, Dale Degray( told me a story relating to the card I was getting signed), Kirk Maltby, Brett Hull, Johnny Bower, Mike Krushelnyski (let me try on his stanley cup ring)

Bad: Guy Carboneau just a complete jerk, ripped sharpie out of my hand signed card threw sharpie and card down on the table walked away without saying a word
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast