Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

What's the Largest Amount of Money You've Ever Found in Public?

I have twice found moeny in airports. One time I found $30.00 in an unoccupied seat at a gate in the Atlanta Airport. Another time I found $20.00 on the floor at the Charlotte Airport rental car center.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

The most I've found at one time was $60, three $20 bills. I was a cashier at a grocery store in 1971, while I was going to college. A customers pepper turned over and spilled on the belt that brought products to me at the register. I lifted up the metal plate between that belt and the one that took items to the bag boy, to get the spilled pepper off the belt. There were three $20 bills. After I checked the customer out I went to the asst. manager and told him what I found, and gave him the money. A week later, no one had mentioned to him (or the manager) about losing the money, he gave it to me. It was great to get it, right around Christmas time.

Now, in regard to finding money, my wife,grandson we're raising, and I give what we find each year to someone GOD directs us to who is in need. Around Christmas we give that individual ALL of what we've found and collected since the previous Christmas. We've been doing this now for more than a decade. This past Christmas(2016) was the most we found,and gave, in a year, $36.07. Usually we find and give about $7.50 to $15.00. So, everything in money we find during the year is collected, and saved in a bank in the house, and given just prior to Christmas to someone in need. Along with the money we give them a Christmas card,a little booklet about GOD/Christ,and a short letter from us. Hopefully some of you who read this will do the same thing some time, it's a great experience.
    Thanks for reading this, and have a good day, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country

The most I've found at one time was $60, three $20 bills. I was a cashier at a grocery store in 1971, while I was going to college. A customers pepper turned over and spilled on the belt that brought products to me at the register. I lifted up the metal plate between that belt and the one that took items to the bag boy, to get the spilled pepper off the belt. There were three $20 bills. After I checked the customer out I went to the asst. manager and told him what I found, and gave him the money. A week later, no one had mentioned to him (or the manager) about losing the money, he gave it to me. It was great to get it, right around Christmas time.

Now, in regard to finding money, my wife,grandson we're raising, and I give what we find each year to someone GOD directs us to who is in need. Around Christmas we give that individual ALL of what we've found and collected since the previous Christmas. We've been doing this now for more than a decade. This past Christmas(2016) was the most we found,and gave, in a year, $36.07. Usually we find and give about $7.50 to $15.00. So, everything in money we find during the year is collected, and saved in a bank in the house, and given just prior to Christmas to someone in need. Along with the money we give them a Christmas card,a little booklet about GOD/Christ,and a short letter from us. Hopefully some of you who read this will do the same thing some time, it's a great experience.
    Thanks for reading this, and have a good day, Rodney

Rodney- That is a great thing to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I have found money so many times over the years. To finding a few bucks (someone's lunch money) on the way to school back in the day, $5's $10's & $20's in parking lots, in stores and even in change machines. Who puts $10 in and forgets to take the quarters? Most of the time the money was found in winter with snow on the ground. I also have found several wallets (movie theater, a parking lot and inside a store). The movie theater wallet had $880 cash along with a pay check stub and being a young teenager i choose the wrong thing to do... To this day i still regret doing it. The other two wallets had a little less then $100 to $200+ and i did the correct thing by contacting them. One of the guys offered me half the money but i said no thanks but insisted on giving me $20 for a reward.
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have found money so many times over the years. To finding a few bucks (someone's lunch money) on the way to school back in the day, $5's $10's & $20's in parking lots, in stores and even in change machines. Who puts $10 in and forgets to take the quarters? Most of the time the money was found in winter with snow on the ground. I also have found several wallets (movie theater, a parking lot and inside a store). The movie theater wallet had $880 cash along with a pay check stub and being a young teenager i choose the wrong thing to do... To this day i still regret doing it. The other two wallets had a little less then $100 to $200+ and i did the correct thing by contacting them. One of the guys offered me half the money but i said no thanks but insisted on giving me $20 for a reward.

Mike- Finding wallets is a different thing because they generally have ID, whereas cash by itself in a public place is a situation where it's virtually impossible to identify the owner. We all make wrong choices when we are young. The important thing is that you learned from it and didn't repeat it.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I was down in Ocean City, Maryland for a guys weekend before the wife and I found $60 dollars in a McDonald's parking lot. Three $20's about 15 feet away from the door just laying there, so I ate like a champ.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For $60 you can get a lot of food at McDonalds

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

For $60 you can get a lot of food at McDonalds

There were 3 really cute girls not to far behind me, so I invited them all in to eat and when they went to pay, I bought their food. They wound up hanging out with us at Seacrets the next day, which turned into a fun weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There were 3 really cute girls not to far behind me, so I invited them all in to eat and when they went to pay, I bought their food. They wound up hanging out with us at Seacrets the next day, which turned into a fun weekend.

Sounds like the best part of the story.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The most I ever found was $40.

Although years ago, back in I think 2008 or 2009, I lost a bank envelope with just about an entire paycheck in it. I did my grocery shopping and got everything I needed for the week and went to the liquor store as the last stop. I got home and the envelope was gone. I still think the owner at the liquor store took it but I had no proof. There was atleast $800 in it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast