Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Greetings from Salt Lake City :)

Hi there, my name is Blaine and I live in Salt Lake City.

I found this forum online; I am not sure if it is the best for me so if anyone can suggest something better, let me know, but I am glad to be here. I do not collect cards, per se (unless they are giveaways at a game, see below) but I do collect sports memorabilia. It's not the main thing I collect but it's a fun hobby and good memories from games I've seen live.

Nearly all my stuff were giveaways or bought at stadiums, arenas, or related events I attended (in other words, I do not just buy stuff randomly) or were given to me by freinds who visited stadiums. At the time of this writing, I have visited 14 MLB stadiums, plus a few MiLB stadiums, hockey arenas, and one basketball arena (I just can't get into basketball...). I have yet to see football live. I am really getting into the minor league baseball stadiums. I lived in Atlanta for 9 years, and the last four (2013-2016) I was a season ticket holder for the Braves, so MOST of my stuff is Braves. Since I started getting into memorabilia, I need to go back and revisit two of the stadiums...

Most of my stuff are baseball scorecards, bobbleheads, souvenir soda and beer cups, and ice cream helmets. I have several miscellaneous iteams, and several autographed baseballs, nearly all autographed in person at Season Ticket holder of FanFare events in Atlanta. I score every baseball game I go to (you never know what you might witness--I have a no hitter already!), but I usually only keep one (usually the first) from every stadium, plus those from special events (post season, the aforementioned no-hitter, etc.). For years I used my personalized scorecards but now my rule is to use only what the stadium I am visiting offers.

My favorite piece is a scorecard autographed by Matt Wisler (Atlanta Braves). One year, my buddy noticed we were scoring a few 'first games' by Atlanta rookie pitchers, including Wisler. I decided to keep these and bring them to the autograph signings, since these kids are most-likely to be in attendance. Well, sure enough, the last one I went to had Wisler, so when I got to him in line, I handed him the card and said, 'here, dude, I scored your first game'. We was really taken aback by that and signed it clearly with a nice pen :).

I am here mostly to show off what I have and generate discussion, and to see what others have.

Please note, I do not buy, sell, nor trade (I'd consider a trade in the cases I have duplicates), as I said most of my stuff are souvenirs from events I attended.

As far as sport myself, I never had good hand-eye coordination for ball sport, so I was a cyclist, then a triathlete, now a runner and weighlifter. I have done two Ironman triathlons, 5 half-ironmans, 5 marathons, 20+ half-marathons, and a ton of shorter distance races.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Blaine- Welcome to SCF! That was a great introduction. I actually have a Hank Aaron pin that was a giveaway at a Florida Marlins game I attended several years ago.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blaine- Welcome to SCF! That was a great introduction. I actually have a Hank Aaron pin that was a giveaway at a Florida Marlins game I attended several years ago.

Thanks, JFried. I see you are a Yankees Fan. Yankee Stadium is one of the stadiums I made it to this year. The attached pic is from April 28th! Amazing comeback and walk-off win!

By the way, where's the best place to post pics of one's personal collection? If someone could link me to that I have this pic and more to share :)

YankeeStadium.jpg

by the way, what's the best way to add an image so it shows in the post? I am using the same way of linking I do for another forum I am on but here it only shows a link...
    Last edited by bmathison1972; 06-24-2017 at 12:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Blaine- Here is a post about uploading images to the site. I hope this helps:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...K-Photo-Albums

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks; I built and album but uploaded it via advanced setting; let me know if it doesn't show, thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live about 40 miles away in Orem. If you are interested in just sports cards let me know.

Eric

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome Blaine to SCF and I too am a Yankees fan and thanks for sharing (still haven't been there yet)!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF, Blaine ! :) Great introduction !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Welcome and good luck with your collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast