Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just got back from my main baseball trip of the year, to Milwaukee!

Saturday we went up to Appleton to see the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, Single-A affiliate of the Brewers. This was a very nice stadium for Single-A, easily comparable to the AAA stadiums I have been to, and was able to get a scorecard, soda cup, and ice cream helmet (first time I have see a helmet below the AAA level! - of course, I have not been to a AA yet :). I bought a team ball at their Team Shop, as I wasn't expecting such nice swag. The Eric Sogard bobblehead was not an official giveaway; I won it at one of those 'spin-the-wheel and win-a-prize' things. It took 6 spins, and at $1/spin it was more than worth it LOL. Actually, it was a leftover from a 2018 giveaway (the Timber Rattlers give out 11 bobbleheads a year! Incredible!).

20190610_182502.jpg

On Sunday, we went to see the Milwaukee Brewers. This stadium was on my bucket list for a while! Three days of brats, cheese curds, beer, and baseball! Heaven! Got the usual: scorecard, soda cup, ice cream helmet. Interestingly, Miller Park does not have souvenir beer cups?!? The official giveaway was a Christian Yelich bobblehead, commemorating his 2018 MVP and Silver Slugger awards (notice the bat is silver). Back in 2014, I was in Miami watching the Braves play the Marlins. I leaned over to my friend and said, you watch, this Yelich kid is going to be something. Four years later, he wins the NL MVP!

20190610_190746.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

This thread is strangely inspirational probably a good thing I don’t get to, too many Major League cities too often and my minor league city visitation is minimal. Division I College towns however I’m there often probably a good thing the mid week games start wile I’m in that town conducting business.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thanks to this thread lastnight at the OKC Dodgers game I dropped $12 on dippin dots in helmets then as we were leaving when the game was over my son looks down and there is a clean mini helmet laying under a seat. Oh well 3 helmets can’t be a bad thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahaha, nice @Crosscheck

I just got home from a work trip to San Francisco. The Giants were gone (been there twice anyway) but Oakland was home and it was a new team/stadium for me!

Personally I don't know why the Oakland Coliseum gets such a bad rep. Maybe people are spoiled on fancy new stadiums. It's just a classic, older stadium. The views were good, the food was good, good beer selection, and the fans were awesome!

Got all the usual swag: scorecard, beer and soda cups, and ice cream helmet. AND, they had a giveaway, a Matt Olson bobblehead commemorating his 2018 Gold Glove at first base. It was the 'second part' to an earlier bobblehead this year, their third baseman Matt Chapman, who got a Gold Glove also in 2018. Apparently the two figures' bases interlock.

20190623_161124.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last night went down to see the Orem Owlz, Rookie League Team for the L.A. Angels. They keep threatening to move the team to CO, so I figure I'd better get them this season! So, as expected, I picked their giveaway night LOL. The giveaway was a generic (i.e., not a specific player) vinyl figurine. I also got a scorecard and soda cup, but much to my surprise, an ice cream helmet. First I've seen from a Rookie League Team!!

OremOwlz.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I went to the Amarillo Sod Poodles game last night and had to get a cup and ice cream because of this thread. On top of buying a souvenirs for each of my 4 kids, a shirt because you have to have a shirt that says sod poodles and $15 for nachos in a helmet.

I have 3 more minor league games planned this summer and if I can pull it off going to see my Red Sox in September when they play at the Rangers. So Blane you might start hitting up ball parks in Oklahoma & Texas for commissions off of my drink and ice cream purchases.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Crosscheck! I'll definitely get out that say sometime! Whenever I travel for work the first thing I do is look for local college or minor league baseball teams (if it's the season).

SCF Rewards
    Country

This past week I was in Rochester, MN for work and went to the Rochester Honkers, an amateur summer collegiate league. Got a scorecard and bought a team ball. There were some editorial mistakes on the scorecard LOL but at least they made an effort. If you wonder why I only scored 7 innings, it's because they played a double-header with two 7-inning games (I only scored the second one).

If this seems like a productive year for me it has been. Two teams are local I just hadn't been to yet, two were part of a planned trip, and three were from work trips!!!!

RochestHonk.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last night I was at Dodger stadium. This wasn't really a 'planned' trip this year; a guy who went to the Oakland game is a STH for the Dodgers and he said if I'd fly out to L.A., he'd take me to a game.

20190904_155757.jpg

And this might be a good time to post the Ogden Raptors Mini Monday bobbleheads for 2019, since the season ended. They gave out 6 this year; I only got four of them (below). The two I missed were Russell Martin and Frank Robinson.

20190904_155903.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey guys

Not much for me this time of year LOL but a friend back in Atlanta sent me these bobbles from 2018:

20191018_171113.jpg

Also, I bought this map from Hedberg maps! It has every major, minor, independent team, plus Spring Training sites, the AZ Fall League, museums and places of interest! I had it mounted on cork board and then bought red map pins for it. The top is the whole map; the bottom has my pins. Does not have colleges or collegiate summer leagues, but it has everything else:

20190926_174225.jpg

20191002_172608.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234