Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees!

Congratulations to these five great players on their inductions!

Dave Andreychuk
    Danielle Goyette
    Paul Kariya
    Mark Recchi
    Teemu Selanne
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

2. Kronozio
    Ugh...Still can't figure out why they elect mediocre candidates every year, but seem to have very strict criteria for goalies. I think HHOF players should have been dominant during their career, the kind of player you would have on your first line, and who would start the all-star game. At least they didn't elect Alfredsson, who despite what he means to the Sens does not belong in the HHOF.
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 2012-13 Fleer Retro Auto 40 Messier, 2006-07 Parkhurst Auto 196 Esposito
    Downsizing my Rangers PC: Hundreds of cards available, check out my
    Hidden Content and my COMC account

Doesn't the MLB only elect HOF candidates if they were truly worth of that recognition? I would love for the NHL to go that route. No disrespect to any current/previous candidates, but having stricter HOF rules would make the HOF more worthwhile in my opinion. The mediocre or fringe players throughout the years, while still belonging to NHL history in their own way, just might not have what it takes for the NHL HHOF, unfortunately. If they get in, great. But if not, then that's just the way it needs to be for the HHOF. Stricter rules like the MLB would be great I think.

Plus, it would make HOF ceremonies more special as well, not a yearly recycled thing over & over again.

Just my 2 cents.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Can't deny Teemu was worthy, and Brodeur is eligible next year

Teemu for sure should be there & I think Andreychuk did pretty well for himself for an undrafted guy who couldnt skate. 600 plus goals in this league is pretty good. I hope Cujo gets in there someday but im not holding my breath. Sure would have helped him to have a Stanley Cup but Detroit & Hasek un-retiring robbed him of that accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by creasecollector View Post
    Doesn't the MLB only elect HOF candidates if they were truly worth of that recognition?
    Yes that was the case until they elected Tim Raines last year but they still have by far the toughest HOF to get into out of the 4 major sports.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Whoa. Don't under estimate Raines. His impact in Montreal was huge

I don't think players should get in unless they were considered among the best players in the league at some point in their careers. Andreychuk and Recchi put up impressive career numbers but I don't think they were ever among the top players in the league. I was hoping to see John Leclair make it, he put up 3 straight 50-goal years and two 40 goal seasons over a five year span from 95-00.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaholic View Post
    I don't think players should get in unless they were considered among the best players in the league at some point in their careers. Andreychuk and Recchi put up impressive career numbers but I don't think they were ever among the top players in the league. I was hoping to see John Leclair make it, he put up 3 straight 50-goal years and two 40 goal seasons over a five year span from 95-00.
    Recchi definitely deserves to be in the hall of fame. To me, if you get enough points to be in the top 50, you're in. He is 12th ALL TIME in points. That alone gets him in. Add in three Stanley Cups and he's a lock.

Selanne and Andreychuk have over 600 goals in the NHL (684 for Selanne, 640 for Andreychuk) and both won a Stanley Cup. Both are within the top 50 all time in points. They deserve it. Kariya is the only one I don't agree with.

You're right I'm being too hard on Recchi I forgot he has 3 Stanley Cups, but if you go by top 50 in points then you have to start talking about guys like Turgeon, Brind'amour, Damphousse and Roenick. I think they're all borderline candidates who shouldn't get in and I don't think Andreychuk should get in just because he extended his career a few years beyond those guys. Andreychuk never cracked 100 points in a season despite being in his prime during the late '80's and early '90's and never made the 1st or 2nd All-Star teams at the end of any season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast