Hey, recently I came across the features of different types of tennis courts constructed in Toronto and the way it is constructed. But, I would like to know which type of tennis court will last long. Last day, one of my friends constructed an asphalt tennis court. He said that it is constructed by using layers of clear stone in which each layer is sprayed with a rapid setting liquid asphalt. He was pointing out the advantage: It seems that it will give it a sliding surface that is easy on the back, knees, and feet. He added that these type of courts does not get cracks and does not require any maintenance. But on the other hand, the hot mix which is the hard asphalt got me confused. I have heard that hot mix court is comprised of compacted fine asphalt. So, which do you think will last long?

Our club members are planning to construct court in Toronto. So, we don’t promote a court which does not last long as cracks will turn up. The consequence is the risk that we take as it is highly dangerous. Hence, If you have constructed a tennis court(or know about it), let me know your suggestions.

Your replies and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance