US Justice Department drops efforts to force Washington Redskins to change their name

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Redskins.html

The Justice Department has abandoned legal action to force the owner of the Washington Redskins to change the team's 'offensive' name.

It comes after the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that stripping Asian-American band The Slants of their moniker violated their First Amendment rights.

Mark Freeman, an attorney for the Justice Department's civil division, admitted in a letter that the ruling made further action against the Redskins pointless.

The justices were unanimous in saying a 71-year-old trademark law barring disparaging terms infringes free speech rights.

While Redskins owner Dan Snyder has not spoken out since the case was dropped, he did release a brief statement after the Slant's ruling on Monday, saying: 'I am THRILLED. Hail to the Redskins.'
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I am glad it is over for now.
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Amen, of stuff is just going to far imo.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!