Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Got my hands on a one-of-a-kind holy grail Crosby RC, but I'm not a hockey guy. Looking to trade

Hello,

I know this is a new account, but I've spent many hours on this site. I used to have a fairly active trading account here, but that was a decade ago and I couldn't remember any of my information. I did actually spend much more time on the Beckett forums, but I guess that whole situation disappeared. Long story short - I'm a longtime collector. (Since the age of 10, actually - used to buy and sell cards on eBay and memorabilia during middle and high school to make money.) I'm now in my late 20s and have experienced much financial success since I graduated from college five years ago, and I'm fortunate enough to be at a point where I can retire, live well off investment income and focus on my hobbies. I've gotten back into collecting pretty heavily over the past two years, and I'm beyond excited to jump even further into the fray. I'm from California and I never got into hockey (yes, I'm a walking stereotype), but I'm an avid sports fan obviously and I'd rather turn this gem into some cards that resonate with me on a more personal level. I know I can sell it for a massive price, but I'd likely just spend the money on cards anyway so I figure I may as well try to cut out the middleman here. I'm in possession of the sole BGS 10 2005-06Crosby The Cup auto patch RC, #52/99. Despite the username (I made this account just to move this card, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be sticking around given how active the forum still is), I'm not a hockey guy and I received this card as part of a larger high-end trade and would like to unload it in exchange for basketball or baseball. Marginal interest in football as well. Serious offers only, of course! Thank you for your time!

Messages Image(3533127343).png

tenor.gif

Guess you have to click on it to see the full gif. :(

In all seriousness, hell of a card. A local guy at my shop has some PSA 10 Lebron Rookie Refractors, Exquisites, Steph Curry PSA 10 Rookies, PSA 10 Tom Brady Rookies, etc... I will see if he wants this.
    Last edited by jslabbs; 07-07-2017 at 07:25 AM.

I'm sure you can understand my reasoning for asking this, given the nature of this card and your status here, but please post a photo of the front and back of the card along with a hand-written note with today's date on it. Unfortunately, over the years a lot of people have registered on this site and posted up huge cards that they don't actually own, so when a self-professed non-hockey collector shows up with a Crosby card worth thousands of dollars it can set of alarm bells.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    I'm sure you can understand my reasoning for asking this, given the nature of this card and your status here, but please post a photo of the front and back of the card along with a hand-written note with today's date on it. Unfortunately, over the years a lot of people have registered on this site and posted up huge cards that they don't actually own, so when a self-professed non-hockey collector shows up with a Crosby card worth thousands of dollars it can set of alarm bells.
    Tens of thousands actually
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Congratulations on your acquisition of the Crosby ten. Didn't a well known fellow named Anthony own this card. What I would appreciate is a somewhat price you had in mind for trading. Give me a price on trading, weather it be baseball, basketball etc. Then I can start working on something for you until that time we are wasting each other's time sending threads back and forth. A number would be great just for an idea thankd

I also agree rgm. If you are selling it for the guy in Naperville you may want to work with potential customers that are interested in the card. A lot of collectors will not have anything to do with the guy. Thanks again

Please let me know a figure on what you are using for trading. I am sure I can find cards for you. Also if you don't mind give me a cash purchase price. Thanks for your time Randy. Email: lakusta1@telus.net Text 7807784343

Here's proof that I'm the owner of the card. I'm not Anthony "from Naperville", and I'm most certainly not selling/trading this card on his behalf, haha. Thanks!

IMG_0923.JPG.jpeg

Anthony owned the card at one time and I am glad to find out he doesn't now. Please send me an email if you wish and we can start working on a great deal for both of us. Or just let me know a cash price and trade value you put on your card. This may be done through email if you like as it is no ones business what we are doing. Thanks again Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast