Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Which do you prefer, a card list or an image bucket?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I generally prefer lists, and while this is a work in process I like to think that mine is a nice mix of the two. My eventual plan (beyond updating the pictures I am missing) is to break out the description into columns for Name, Set, Patch, Auto, Jersey, #. Let me know thoughts on other ways to improve please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lists due to ease of finding what I'm looking for, but Images are fun when I like looking at the cards

On the topic of lists...there are a few people on this site in particular, that post huge lists of stuff they have in the most ridiculous orders and formatting imaginable...do you guys really want to hold on to that stuff forever or something? I can assure you nobody will ever read through that mess, no matter how much they want to trade with you. Put your cards in an order, include the set name, card type and player name at a minimum (number is good too) and USE FORMATTING. At the very least put sections in bold and space things out a bit

Even if a list is formatted badly by order etc it can be easy to find. The advance search feature on here can lead you to cards you might have missed. Just like google searches if they take the time to spell,the card correctly.

I prefer images as a list cannot do justice on a card appeal or flaws.

Don'

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Interesting results so far, I thought lists would win out.

I prefer images myself as a team collector. Most people that use lists do not list the team which makes it very difficult for me to use.

As a side note, I feel that you'll get better return on trades with images. It makes the cards more appealing to see them.
    Last edited by Maggot; 07-24-2017 at 11:53 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

In the past (before I found SCF) I've traded with people, using lists, who had 800+ positive feedback on different sites. Got the cards and they were crumpled or damaged.

I got cussed out, called a liar, and got threatened by the people involved that they would call the police. When push came to shove, they did nothing because an investigation by moderators found that the other person damaged the cards themselves and had their friends to post phony trades and positive feedback in an effort to discredit other collectors. Not sure what happened to those people afterwards, but I can only guess they were banned from the sites involved.

If I can't see the cards, I don't trade for them. Period. Images ONLY for me, unless I have traded often enough with the other person to trust them.

I scan every card I have so people can see the cards for themselves before asking about them. I think I am justified for asking for scans.
    Last edited by Leafsman; 07-24-2017 at 07:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Agreed Leafsman, I may not have a prescanned and loaded picture on my list, but I will take a pic of anything in the trade list

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

In the past (before I found SCF) I've traded with people, using lists, who had 800+ positive feedback on different sites. Got the cards and they were crumpled or damaged.

I got cussed out, called a liar, and got threatened by the people involved that they would call the police. When push came to shove, they did nothing because an investigation by moderators found that the other person damaged the cards themselves and had their friends to post phony trades and positive feedback in an effort to discredit other collectors. Not sure what happened to those people afterwards, but I can only guess they were banned from the sites involved.

If I can't see the cards, I don't trade for them. Period. Images ONLY for me, unless I have traded often enough with the other person to trust them.

I scan every card I have so people can see the cards for themselves before asking about them. I think I am justified for asking for scans.

I think for most people the list is just to show what they have available, I imagine almost anyone would be happy to scan or photograph the cards you were interested in while in discussion/negotiation

SCF Rewards
    Country

I prefer looking at trade lists if there is a lot of cards to it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Lists all the way. I can use the CTRL+F search function to quickly go through a list.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers New York Giants
    See radek27's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I prefer when someone has their traders uploaded to the inventory on this site with photos included. If I had to pick I would go with lists, just easier to find what you are looking for. Having said that I hate going through buckets!

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Lists. preferably sorted by year and brand. I don't like links to card sorted by teams either, that defeats the search feature and incorrectly assumes that most of us are team collectors. Photobucket has become huge nuisance and if you're still using it many traders won't bother spending the time it takes.
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 07-27-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast