Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Which do you prefer, a card list or an image bucket?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What do you prefer, trade lists or trade "buckets"?

I'm curious to see which is the preferred format, a trade list or an image bucket (NOT talking about Photobucket, I'm referring to Flickr or Google images)?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Images but it depends because if somebody has a detailed list it is much easier just to search that for something you need than trudge through 300+ images in an image album.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I had to pick one over the other, lists hands down as they are searchable and typically ordered. Although, I prefer lists and images as it's nice to see what exactly the swatch or Auto looks like. Or what the card looks like if you're unfamiliar with that set.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Images all day for me. I get to search for things I need, and see some sweet cards in the process.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I prefer images because I don't usually look through Traders for particular cards. The odds of that are way too slim. I simply look for cards that I may be interested in trading for, so I just look for Sharks and Caps jerseys/colors, and then decide if I like the card. It's much quicker to scan for certain colors than to read each entry in a list to see if it's a team I am interested in. And a lot of people only list the card and player, and not the team. If the card is of a guy that was only on my team for a few years, and the card is a couple years old, I have to sit and think whether or not he was on my team that year (or if that was the year before/after he got traded) -- and that takes even more time. And as others have said, if it's a numbered card or a jersey/patch, I like to see what the picture looks like because I will occasionally "upgrade" to a better patch, if it doesn't cost me too much. Without a pic. I wont even bother asking.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

Lists - assuming they are well done. We don't browse eBay accounts by username, do we? Scanning through any image gallery takes too much time.

In order of preference:
    1) Tradelists
    2) Google Images/Drive
    3) Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Lists, under the condition that they are in some sort of order and not just listed at complete random.

I think mine is well organized, Inserts, Rookies, and GU/Autos have their own section on mine, and under those 3 everything is sorted by year. If you are looking for specific things a little CTRL-F does the trick to get things done quickly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

Lists due to ease of finding what I'm looking for, but Images are fun when I like looking at the cards

On the topic of lists...there are a few people on this site in particular, that post huge lists of stuff they have in the most ridiculous orders and formatting imaginable...do you guys really want to hold on to that stuff forever or something? I can assure you nobody will ever read through that mess, no matter how much they want to trade with you. Put your cards in an order, include the set name, card type and player name at a minimum (number is good too) and USE FORMATTING. At the very least put sections in bold and space things out a bit

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lists are much easier to search if you are player collector and I find them easier to maintain. Howerver, I would guess that if you are a Patch collector then you will pick a bucket. If someone wants to see a scan of anything from my lists I can quickly post it for them anyways.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Lists are easier to find PC items, but I prefer images when looking for tradebait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast