Pete Rose is accused of statutory rape of a 15 year old in the 1970s

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-old-70s.html

Major League Baseball's all-time hit leader Pete Rose committed statutory rape by having sex with a girl younger than 16 during the 1970s, when he was married with two children, according to a sworn statement from the now-grown woman.

The bombshell revelation was included in a defense motion filed on Monday in federal court as part of an ongoing defamation lawsuit that Rose, 76, filed last year against attorney John Dowd, whose investigative report led him to being ejected from baseball for gambling.

Rose said in his complaint that Dowd damaged his reputation and endorsement deals during a July 2015 interview on the Pennsylvania radio station WCHE-AM, in which the lawyer claimed that the disgraced MLB star raped young girls during spring training.

In her sworn statement filed in court on Monday, the woman suspected of being Rose's underage ex-lover said of their alleged relationship: 'In 1973, when I was 14 or 15 years old, I received a phone call from Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds. Sometime after that, Pete Rose and I began meeting at a house in Cincinnati.’

According to the woman, identified in the motion only as 'Jane Doe,' she and Rose, then aged 34, had sex for the first time in Cincinnati before her 16th birthday, and their relationship lasted for several years and included sexual encounters outside of Ohio.

In a written statement included in the motion filed by Dowd's legal team on Monday - and first reported by ESPN and the Cincinnati Enquirer - Rose acknowledged his affair with 'Jane Doe' but claimed that it started in 1975, not 1973, and that he thought she was older than age 16, which is the legal age of consent in Ohio.

Rose also denied meeting the teenager for sex outside of Ohio.

During the 1970s, Rose was married to his first wife, Karolyn, and raising their two children, daughter Fawn and son Pete Jr.

The couple split in 1980 after nearly 16 years of marriage, with Karolyn later citing her famous husband's womanizing as one of the reasons for their breakup.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Just crazy for this to become news now after 40 years.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Sounds more like Dowd lining the pockets of random ppl to further defame Rose. 40 yrs latet she just now comes forward? Give me a break...

At first I thought this was a joke. C'mon, 40 years? She looking to score some extra cash for soe Geritol?