July Show & Tell - One Big Mailday, Club 1909, and Carey Price (the real one)

Well, July didn't have too many card arrivals. The off-season, low trader inventory, and slow Canada Post means not much for mail. But when stuff showed up, it was a 16-card mailday from COMC. So that's cool. I also had the latest Club 1909 reward (a bittersweet one), and I spent an evening with a goalie.

Let's get to the cards!

I finally have the jersey version of the card! I got 7 patches before getting this one. And really, when I'm pulling down multi-colour logo patches for less than ten bucks, why would I pay much of anything for a jersey? LOL
    2015-16 Anthology Full Coverage #23 Josh Gorges

Much of that COMC mailday was ePack exclusive cards, here we go with some Shea Weber action!

The Compendium Rainbow

I like this card - people are going to be comparing these two for the remainder of their respective careers, so why not put them on a card?

Time for some Carey Price!

Series 2 parallels!

And a Compendium exclusive insert - yay acetate!

This card was a ridiculous steal. I will only say that it was under $10 off eBay.
    2015-16 The Cup Scripted Sticks #SSBG Brendan Gallagher

And how about a monster Carey Cup card that arrived via trade?
    2008-09 The Cup Scripted Swatches #SSCP Carey Price

Switching gears from the cards, time for the latest Club 1909 reward. Well, to arrive. I've got two more in the mail system. This one is not quite as cool to me today as it was the day I redeemed it. But some guys like to follow the money, and that's their choice. I have good memories of Radulov during his one year in Montreal, and he was one of the handful of guys who actually played to his level in the playoffs. Will never forget that beauty goal. Because it's now apparent we won't see any autographs of his from Upper Deck, this is my sole hard-signed autograph of him in a Habs uniform. Bell Centre Playoffs Signage!

And in conclusion, I was invited to attend the Breakfast Club's Shooting for the Stars event, and the guest of honour is their ambassador, a goalie with whom I am acquainted. Carey was awesome, he posed for pics with people (including us)

And I was also able to get something very special autographed. You'll recall that I was at the Habs game vs Chicago back in March (snowmageddon in Montreal) and that game happened to be Carey's 500th NHL appearance. As a fan since Day 1, I was very happy to have been there for this game. I got a really cool picture of the Bell Centre jumbotron and did some photo editing on it and voila, a really cool and unique piece for the PC:

That's my highlights from the month of July. August is off to a good start already with some sweet pickups, and those will all be shown off in good time! Cheers and thanks for checking out all the fun I had!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Very cool story and great pickups. Congrats.
    99-00 Exclusives: 300/305 (98.4%)
    Hidden Content (Or Hidden Content ) / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Awesome recap Richard, congrats on meeting Mr. Price! That must have been a very cool experience, not to mention that insanely nice autographed photo. With that specific shot, I'm sure it's the only autographed copy out there. Sweet!

Great Scripted Swatches, too. That year had one of their best designs.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price