Thread: Retail woes

Retail woes

Hello,

I have been collecting off and on for the last 25 years, I took a hiatus from about 2008 until last year until I started over fresh. Every now and then, I will pick up a retail box. (I mainly only buy hobby boxes)

I guess I joined in on the Judge and Bellinger craze this season, because it reminds me of the 1998 HR race with McGwire and Sosa. Steroids aside, that was such a fun time to be a baseball fan.

Anyhow, I found a box of 2017 Topps Chrome at my Walmart, and over half of the cards were dinged on the bottom right corner. The last time I had an issue with retail was with I believe 2005 Donruss (I think, I remember the boxes were red that year.) But I was very disappointed with half the box being damaged like it was. Surprisingly, I pulled a Bellinger and Judge Freshman Flash from a same pack that wasn't damaged.

I opened the pack and seen the Bellinger on the bottom and kinda held my breath that it wasn't damaged. I inspected it, and I lucked out. I look at the other three cards and in the middle was the Judge. 😮

Thanks for the read, I guess good luck and bad luck can happen all at once?

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Don't feel bad. It seems like everyone else is getting bitten by the damaged bug from Topps Chrome. I don't know if it hit the hobby boxes but all the retail stuff is damaged left and right. Inexcusable by Topps to release this junk to the market in this condition.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content