The good and the bad/ugly.....2017 Topps Chrome

Opened 4 hangers and 2 blasters today to start work on the Pink Refractor set.........

The good:

Aaron Judge Pink refractor (happy to get this one outta the way from the start)
    Mitch Haniger Green Refractor auto /99 (nice to get a non-scrub RC auto from retail)
    Francisco Lindor Variation SP (if you're Krafty enough it may be for trade)
    Donnie Hart auto

The bad/ugly:

About 15 cards over both blasters with different degrees of the same bent corner including Judge and Bellinger RCs

Looks like Topps will be getting a letter from me next week with the necessary items to get minty ones.

Thanks for the look,
    Brett
    Wantlist to everything I collect and tradelist:
    Hidden Content
    When trading with me,communication is key.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I wonder how much of the Bellinger and Judge print run has been damaged. Every box I see opened of this stuff is producing something of damage. Why was this product released if so much of the print run is damaged from the get go?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I had the same problems bent cards but mine came from two jumbo boxes. And get this out of the 10 autos, three pairs of doubles of nobody autos. It was beyond a sucky break.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I wonder how much of the Bellinger and Judge print run has been damaged. Every box I see opened of this stuff is producing something of damage. Why was this product released if so much of the print run is damaged from the get go?
    Wouldn't have been so bad if they were all commons but it's pretty lousy QC on Topps' part. I hope Topps goes beyond to remedy this since I'm taking the time to package it all up and mail it back on my dime. Not asking for the world but enough to cover my cost would suffice (maybe a couple of free pink packs) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    I had the same problems bent cards but mine came from two jumbo boxes. And get this out of the 10 autos, three pairs of doubles of nobody autos. It was beyond a sucky break.
    I've noticed that it's pretty hard to get a good player's auto out of Topps Chrome. The better ones must be seeded at higher odds and they don't disclose that info.
    Hidden Content

Nice break except for the damage, you would think Topps qc would've noticed it sooner and stopped the presses.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Nice Judge cards and hope you get some good cards back bro!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Update: Got a package from Topps today with NM/MT copies of all the cards I sent back so decent turnaround time but sadly no extras. Oh well,I tried lol.
    Last edited by bblair_2002; 08-23-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Hidden Content

I got my package as well. Topps replaced the damage cards but told me to take a hike on the problem of hitting multiple autos of the same player in a box! I am not happy with Topps at the moment, but that is just the way it goes

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    I got my package as well. Topps replaced the damage cards but told me to take a hike on the problem of hitting multiple autos of the same player in a box! I am not happy with Topps at the moment, but that is just the way it goes
    I guess they figured that as long as you got the allotted number of autos in a box regardless of the player,it wasn't their problem. I get it,but it still sucks.

They did send the cards to me in a 25 ct. hinged plastic box and I just made a trade involving that many cards yet didn't have anything to send them in. Now I do so that was a plus.
    Hidden Content