Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Making Allen and Ginter Photos

I've given up! I just can't seem to figure out how the heck to make ginter type photos for my custom cards. I consider myself above average using GIMP. I don't have photoshop but can usually translate from PS to GIMP pretty well. The type of photo I am talking about is that not quite cartoon, not quite HDR look to a photo. I can get close using a high pass filter with a hard light overlay but it's not quite right. I am hoping that some of the experts on here can help a fellow custom guy out. I photos below is what I am looking to do. Please help!

2012inceptionfb6.jpg2017-Topps-Inception-Baseball-Base-Purple-Diaz.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure if anyone cares about this, but I think I figured it out.

1) duplicate the photo
    2) run a high pass filter over the top photo and set the pixel size anywhere from 4 - 10.
    3) set the blend mode for the top photo to hard light.
    4) duplicate that top layer two more times
    5) adjust brightness and contrast to your liking.

Like I said I'm not sure if anyone even cares, but I wanted to get this down before I forget.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do have a sample of the final result?

Not sure if anyone cares about this, but I think I figured it out.

1) duplicate the photo
    2) run a high pass filter over the top photo and set the pixel size anywhere from 4 - 10.
    3) set the blend mode for the top photo to hard light.
    4) duplicate that top layer two more times
    5) adjust brightness and contrast to your liking.

Like I said I'm not sure if anyone even cares, but I wanted to get this down before I forget.