So these players and managers have all passed away from the same thing and played on the same turf as Daulton in Philadelphia. A bit weird don't you think?

John Vukovich
    Tug McGraw
    Dan Quisenberry
    Gary Carter
    Johnny Oates
    Dick Howser
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    So these players and managers have all passed away from the same thing and played on the same turf as Daulton in Philadelphia. A bit weird don't you think?

John Vukovich
    Tug McGraw
    Dan Quisenberry
    Gary Carter
    Johnny Oates
    Dick Howser
    That sucks...I saw a documentary a few years back about youth soccer players in middle and high school dying from cancer across the country especially goaltenders...

You're not the only one that has noticed that. In fact, the New York Times published this just the other day...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....ulton.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by #1duckscollector View Post
    That sucks...I saw a documentary a few years back about youth soccer players in middle and high school dying from cancer across the country especially goaltenders...
    That's interesting that it was especially the goaltenders. Makes me think that the fumes or dust from the turf is toxic but touching it is even worse (since goalies are the only ones to actually touch the soccer ball and handle it that's the only explanation I can give as to why they'd be hit hardest by the cancer). If the toxins get on the ball and they touch it and then don't or can't wash it off anytime they eat food or touch food they are going to get the toxin directly in their bodies.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content