I've Got Some Very "Cheesey" Laces

When I was a kid, hockey games were only on Saturday night, a very special treat each week. Before the Calgary Flames existed the Habs were my team, watching players like Beliveau, Cournoyer, Lemaire, & Lafleur was exciting, and even more so when the big bad Bruins were on the ice against them.

I've always liked the memorabilia cards from that era, so when Blue & White Centennial came out I bought a box. I was thrilled to pull a Cheevers "Lace 'Em Up" card, and quite surprised to discover that Cheevers played 2 games for the Leafs in the 1961-62 season. Fast forward to Dr. Price's announcement recently that there were more Lace 'Em Up cards available. I decided to take a look, and once I saw the Boston version it was a no brainer for me to add it to my pc.

Gerry "Cheesey" Cheevers won the Stanley Cup twice (1970, 1972) with the Boston Bruins. In 1972 he went undefeated in 32 consecutive games, an NHL record that still stands. He has a career NHL GAA of 2.89, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1985.

Here are some close up scans of the 2 cards.

]

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    very, very cool cards! i've never seen that set before.

I collect retired players game used and they are great pieces of Cheevers. congrats.
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

Awesome!

I didn't know Cheevers played for the Leafs

Very nice cards, do you know if there are any Liut cards? I know he is not in the same standing as someone like Cheevers but he has been a fairly consistent staple in recent ITG/Leaf releases.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Victor Mete, and
    Young Guns graded BGS 9.5.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I love the fact that they are using laces in cards, they look real sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by pwskelly View Post
    Very nice cards, do you know if there are any Liut cards? I know he is not in the same standing as someone like Cheevers but he has been a fairly consistent staple in recent ITG/Leaf releases.
    Sorry, no Liut cards listed. I do think that Dr. Price is adding players from time to time.