Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: How many games will Zeke have to sit?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CamaroDMD's Items on eBay

I think it will get reduced to 4 games.

Don't get me wrong...I do not like Zeke or the Cowboys so I have no bias here. But, I feel that there is more to this. There is too much talk about her threatening to set him up. My wife has told me in the past that its only a matter of time until a spouse or girlfriend does that to an NFL player. I just feel like this isn't clear cut. I could be wrong...but something doesn't sit right with me here.

AS for Dak, I think we will see some regression. In part because Zeke is out but also because defenses have had a year to study him and adapt to him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think if it's true that he beat his ex-gf multiple times that he should be banned from the NFL & possible criminal charges just because he is a NFL player/Celebrity doesn't accuse what he did if he in fact did it.
    Last edited by Funsize; 08-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think if it's true that he beat his ex-gf multiple times that he should be banned from the NFL & possible criminal charges just because he is a NFL player/Celebrity doesn't accuse what he did if he in fact did it.

IMHO, criminal charges and NFL suspensions are two very different things. Again, not a fan at all...but that fact that this happened over a year ago and no charges of any kind have been filed seems odd to me. The victim has been pretty public about this so why isn't the DA acting on it if there is evidence?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

IMHO, criminal charges and NFL suspensions are two very different things. Again, not a fan at all...but that fact that this happened over a year ago and no charges of any kind have been filed seems odd to me. The victim has been pretty public about this so why isn't the DA acting on it if there is evidence?

We have to bear in mind that for better or worse the DA probably has limited resources and has to allocate them on the case he believes he has the best chance of winning.

We also must bear in mind that the standard the DA must meet is "Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". The NFL just has to determine if the events most likely occurred. There is a huge difference in the burden of proof.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Peter- The only problem with that is that Elliott has 3 days to file an appeal and the NFL has 10 days to rule after that; before the regular season starts and ratings are known.

You are correct on that one. Good catch. Anybody have the schedule handy to see what the opponents are like for the first 6 games? Like are there any must see match ups that early that it would hurt for him to miss?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are correct on that one. Good catch. Anybody have the schedule handy to see what the opponents are like for the first 6 games? Like are there any must see match ups that early that it would hurt for him to miss?

Peter- Just like last year, week one is against the Giants. The come Broncos, Cards, Rams, Packers, and 49er's. Definitely a couple of big ones.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cowboys starting 2-4 and missing the playoffs me thinks ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

We have to bear in mind that for better or worse the DA probably has limited resources and has to allocate them on the case he believes he has the best chance of winning.

We also must bear in mind that the standard the DA must meet is "Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". The NFL just has to determine if the events most likely occurred. There is a huge difference in the burden of proof.

You're right. The burden of proof in a criminal investigation is much higher and that makes is more complicated. But, it has taken the NFL a full year (with their impressive resources) to come to this conclusion and sometimes I feel like their burden of proof is non-existant. But, they also don't tend to release a lot of details of their findings leading people to assume that Godwell is a despot.

I honestly have no idea what happened...and again, no fan of Zeke (dislike the Cowboys, hate OSU) but something doesn't feel right here. There are kinds of allegations of her saying she would "ruin his career" and recently I read a story that stated she had considered extorting Zeke with explicit videos of them together (and the NFL confirmed that). I'm not say he's innocent or anything (both sides could be true).

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're right. The burden of proof in a criminal investigation is much higher and that makes is more complicated. But, it has taken the NFL a full year (with their impressive resources) to come to this conclusion and sometimes I feel like their burden of proof is non-existant. But, they also don't tend to release a lot of details of their findings leading people to assume that Godwell is a despot.

I honestly have no idea what happened...and again, no fan of Zeke (dislike the Cowboys, hate OSU) but something doesn't feel right here. There are kinds of allegations of her saying she would "ruin his career" and recently I read a story that stated she had considered extorting Zeke with explicit videos of them together (and the NFL confirmed that). I'm not say he's innocent or anything (both sides could be true).

What I keep thinking is that if they took all this time and knew about the girlfriend's credibility issues, there must have been more to it than we know to tip the balance against Elliott.

The only other thing I can come up with is they are trying to improve their image after the small penalties to Ray Rice/Greg Hardy/Josh Brown.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The girl saying she would "ruin" Zeke's career means nothing ... had she been abused she would want to ruin his career ...

However, any "he said, she said" issue is soooooo problematic.

Personally, I don't understand why the NFL feels the need to be the moral authority. If I was the NFL I would NEVER suspend anyone unless that individual had been CONVICTED of a crime.

Anyone can "accuse" anyone of anything and as the old saying goes, "even a ham sandwich can be indicted" but once a person has been tried and convicted, that's that ...

I despise mob rule, thought police, political correctness and all other modern forms of insanity ... people are supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty" in America and imho no one should lose their right to work because they were merely "accused" of something , especially if the Police don't feel the need to even charge that person ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast