Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: How many games will Zeke have to sit?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Cleveland Indians

Zeke's 6 game suspension!?!?

Ok. Zeke has been suspended for the 1st 6 games (as of now). Did the NFL go too far? Will he win an appeal?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Ok. Zeke has been suspended for the 1st 6 games (as of now). Did the NFL go too far? Will he win an appeal?

It seems most players in every sport get some reduction of their suspensions on appeal. The suspension seems a bit harsh in light of past suspensions, but I think the NFL is trying to take a tougher stance on domestic violence.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates
    See shortprinted's Items on eBay Instagram:

Well if there is any photo or video evidence out there, it would be in his best interest to take the suspension and not drag all of that stuff through the court. After the Brady ruling, the commissioner has the power under the CBA to do what he does, so even if Zeke is super innocent, its going to be hard to overturn. Especially after all the other alleged incidents that also fall under personal conduct.

Not sure if they would reduce the # of games. Obviously the NFL thinks he did something violent. I don't think this is a case where if Zeke is on his best behavior he gets a reduction. We get the tip of the iceberg on the news. The longer this gets appealed, the more dirt will come out.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Jerry Jones will be making a nice donation to the NFL to get this suspension reduced. I can see it staying at 6 games, but it will probably go down to 4.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The league will cave once they see the continued slide in ratings and give him only 3 games. The Cowboys were one of the few teams last year that drove TV ratings and the NFL does not want those to collapse under any circumstance.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

The league will cave once they see the continued slide in ratings and give him only 3 games. The Cowboys were one of the few teams last year that drove TV ratings and the NFL does not want those to collapse under any circumstance.

Peter- The only problem with that is that Elliott has 3 days to file an appeal and the NFL has 10 days to rule after that; before the regular season starts and ratings are known.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If I had to bet real $$$$ I'd say the suspension will stay at 6 games. Brady beat the NFL in court and still had to serve the full 4 games he got and that was for some dumb deflated ball thing, not beating a woman or whatever it is Zeke is getting tagged for.

I would be very, very, very surprised if he doesn't end up sitting the full 6 games.

If he gets just 3 games, I would be shocked ... you can't give a woman-beater less games than a ball-deflater imho!

Anyways, I think the Cowboys start 2-4 now, miss the playoffs and Dak has a massive drop off in passer rating and QBR ... his passer rating was something like 25.2 points lower when Zeke was on the bench last year!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

3 games and Dak will do okay while he is gone!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates
    See shortprinted's Items on eBay Instagram:

6. 5 if they go easy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I think 6 games is not enough. More to this then meets the eye

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast