Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: New to bgs grading...

SCF Rewards
    Country

New to bgs grading...

I just submitted my 1st order to BGS to get graded. I have NEVER owned a graded card until recently. I picked up a 2002 SP Authentic Signs of the Time gold auto of LaDanian Tomlinson /25. If I read the beckett correctly, the ungraded gold version /25 books at $120. What would the BGS 9.5/10 sell for? It's a pop 2 on the beckett population report. Any idea at all?

SCF Rewards
    Country

People really don't care that much for non vintage or rookie graded stuff but if that came back a BGS 9.5 it could bring an additional $25-$100 for the card's value.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My advice would be to get very, very familiar with eBay completed sale listings ... Beckett Values mean next to nothing and eBay is King.

I am not familiar with the card you mention but I know a "Pop 2" BGS 9.5/10 can bring a great deal more than a raw card that's for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People really don't care that much for non vintage or rookie graded stuff but if that came back a BGS 9.5 it could bring an additional $25-$100 for the card's value.

I know what you mean about non vintage or non rookie graded cards. But on cards that are staying here in my pc I was just wondering if I got a good deal or not. Thanks for the input

SCF Rewards
    Country

My advice would be to get very, very familiar with eBay completed sale listings ... Beckett Values mean next to nothing and eBay is King.

I am not familiar with the card you mention but I know a "Pop 2" BGS 9.5/10 can bring a great deal more than a raw card that's for sure.

I'm getting into grading MAINLY for my pc. I may get a couple of cards graded for resale. Only doing that with cards that I pull from a pack though. I take extreme caution when opening packs. I have some pc that I've gotten from here or other sites. But as far as resale, only grading stuff that I pull. No fingerprints or dinged corners. I know that it's the little things that kill.

Should I send regular (non auto) rookies from better brands to get graded or no. Just as an example, I have a couple of the top baseball rookies (Judge, Bellenger, Benintendi, etc) from Topps Chrome this year. I know that Topps Chrome tends to keep its value over time better than other base rookies. Worth it or nah?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm getting into grading MAINLY for my pc. I may get a couple of cards graded for resale. Only doing that with cards that I pull from a pack though. I take extreme caution when opening packs. I have some pc that I've gotten from here or other sites. But as far as resale, only grading stuff that I pull. No fingerprints or dinged corners. I know that it's the little things that kill.

Should I send regular (non auto) rookies from better brands to get graded or no. Just as an example, I have a couple of the top baseball rookies (Judge, Bellenger, Benintendi, etc) from Topps Chrome this year. I know that Topps Chrome tends to keep its value over time better than other base rookies. Worth it or nah?

I am a big fan of grading as it can really raise the value on a card ... I'd probably advise you to have all your top Chrome RCs slabbed but to make sure you put "MG9 or better" on every card so you don't get any slabs under a 9.0

If you have any super high-end cards, I'd say an 8.5 is fine but for low to mid-end stuff, it's a 9 or bust imho.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can always send them to BGS and just have them encased in a BGS holder instead of having it graded. It is cheaper too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am a big fan of grading as it can really raise the value on a card ... I'd probably advise you to have all your top Chrome RCs slabbed but to make sure you put "MG9 or better" on every card so you don't get any slabs under a 9.0

If you have any super high-end cards, I'd say an 8.5 is fine but for low to mid-end stuff, it's a 9 or bust imho.

I'm not too worried about increasing the value of my pc. Just want them to A) look nice and B) be protected from anything that would put them in harms way. Like Ive stated before, I take pride in my collection. Every card in my PC, down to base cards, are put into penny sleeves, toploaders, and a teambag to protect them. The ones that I'm sending in to get graded are in a penny sleeve, the Ultra Pro, and a one touch bag to keep any dust or anything else out.