Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Of Course This Is My Son's 1st Experience With Collecting Baseball Cards

I took my son to our local card shop on National Baseball Card Day to introduce him to collecting and I decided to get him the cheapest box of baseball cards they had so we could open them together. Naturally, he pulls this signed Bryce Harper 4/5 and now thinks every box of cards is going to have awesome stuff like this in it. Looks like it's going to be an expensive hobby for this dad...

Bryce Harper.jpg
    Chris ~ Dad. Collector.

Congrats on your luck? Haha. At least he has a favorite player now.

Haha, I'm not sure anything will be able to knock Altuve off his favourite list but he is definitely becoming a Harper fan now.
    Chris ~ Dad. Collector.

Wow what a pull! Congrats to him as I've never pulled a card anywhere close to that in all my years of collecting.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Neither have I! I showed him an estimate of what it's worth and he asked if we could sell it to buy more cards. A kid after my own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Wow what a pull! Congrats to him as I've never pulled a card anywhere close to that in all my years of collecting.
    Chris ~ Dad. Collector.

Great pull and story! Maybe from now have him with you when you pick out your packs and boxes, that boy is a good luck charm.

Seriously, he's opening all packs from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by blackhorseson View Post
    Great pull and story! Maybe from now have him with you when you pick out your packs and boxes, that boy is a good luck charm.
    Chris ~ Dad. Collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches67 View Post
    Seriously, he's opening all packs from now on!
    I don't blame you. You enever know, he may produce a Ruth hit for you soon after a Harper pull like that.

Wow, congrats. Great pull!!!!
    Freewebs:
    Hidden Content

Photobucket:
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast