Thread: Stuck in 1980s Limbo

Stuck in 1980s Limbo

Hello SCFers,

Most of my baseball collection is from the 1980s. I've added thousands of duplicates to my inventory here, and I'd love to help out as many collectors as possible. But it seems like a lot of SCF members are either looking for the vintage stuff (pre-1980s) or the newer stuff (2000–present day).

Is it just that cards from the 1980s are so readily available that collectors are more interested in other decades?

Any advice on how to reach more collectors who are looking to complete some 1980s sets?

Thanks very much!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I think with the over production of Topps back into the late 80's just saturated the market there was more supply than demand. Most of the only early 80's is the star rookies like Ripken, Sandberg, Clemens, Mattingly, etc. Unless you find set, team, or player collectors, they are tough to get rid of.

Greetings:
    Pm sent but also as far as stuff from the 1980s most want to find pre-1985 but it depends on which of the major 3 companies(Fleer,Donruss,Topps) at the time of what you might have cause more will pass on a 1981 Donruss cause it doesn't have any Kirk Gibson RCS for example compared to Fleer & Topps did. The same could be said about for the 1980 Topps set people want the Rickey Henderson RC but pass on the Dave Stieb RC. Plus anything from Topps from 1986-1993 that's considered as their Junk Wax Time Frame (J™™™) Donruss was 1987-1994 J™™™ as well Fleer 1987-1993 J™™™. 1 more note about 1989 Upper Deck semi-hot while 1989 Donruss isn't sure both have Ken Griffey Jr. & Randy Johnson RCS the UD Griffey & Johnson is more sought-after then the Donruss versions.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

Good replies so far, thanks guys.

Even if the latter half of the decade was the start of the junk wax era, it was still great to grow up and collect in the 1980s!
    Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 08-18-2017 at 10:59 AM.