Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

1 box 16/17 = BIGGEST HIT OF MY LIFE + a question

Holy nuts!!! I got a raise this week so I decided to celebrate by getting a box of something. Usually I go with Artifacts but I decided to try Ice this time which I don't normally buy (also a bit cheaper this year). Turned out to be the best decision ever! Here's the damage:

1617ice break.jpg

1617ex_ra_matthews_fr.png
    1617ex_ra_matthews_bk.png

Not sure what I'm doing with the Matthews yet. The dealer offered me $500 on the spot for the Matthews and Nylander. I told him I'd think about it and took the cards home.

Speaking of the Nylander, is this the top tier rookie? It doesn't have a serial number. The dealer was trying to convince me it was an insert but neither of us could find an Ice Premiers insert set. The look of the card and the number (It's #191) is consistent with the base set. I think it's an error card and the machine didn't print the serial number. He thinks it's a lower value inset. What do you guys think?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Also, a couple hits I got from loose packs:

1617tril_pulock_rc.png1617spa_vrana_fwa.png

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Mariners Vancouver Canucks Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@vinnybsc

Don't know about the Nylander, but nice cards! Congrats.
    Last edited by vbhat; 09-02-2017 at 01:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Don't know about the Nylander, but nice cards! Congrats.

Apparently it is in an insert. There is an Ice Premiers Die Cut set. Beckett has no prices on them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You got two big hits out of that box , congrats . Ice Premiers Die-Cut parallels are an unannounced addition and are fairly short printed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Don't take 500$ you will get screwed. I would say both of those card are worth close to 1000$. 100-150$ for the Nylander and 750-1000$ for the Matthews
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Yes, at $500. your dealer is trying to get to you big time! As for the Nylander, I have opened four cases of Ice and hit ONE of the dye cut rookies. Very, very rare for sure.
    Last edited by ronfir; 09-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Yeah, I thought it was a lowball offer, too. I'm not going to take him up on the offer. I don't think he's trying to rip me off. He's a decent guy from what I've seen but he's also a businessman and he needs to make money.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Apparently it is in an insert. There is an Ice Premiers Die Cut set. Beckett has no prices on them.

Yeah, that Die-Cut insert is pretty rare from that set. They have commons versions of it (same set, just not die-cut), so I could see why he got confused. Or maybe he knew about them and was trying to take advantage. Either way, just be careful.

And nice Matthews! That is a really great card!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    See chriscards86's Items on eBay

WOW! can't ask for a Better box than that!
    I can only see one of the Matthews Sold on ebay and it was listed @ 1422CDN -- Sold as "Or Best Offer" So who knows what it actually sold for, might be able to find the listing and message the seller and ask, but if i were to guess I would say around 1000CDN. As for the Nylander, same kind of situation -- only one sold for 247CDN OBO -- I would say close to 175-200CDN is probably what it went for,

Either way those two should have no Issue fetching you 1000 Dollars if you are patient enough/willing to sell.

Congrats on the HUGE Hits!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast