Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Was there ever a set made to commemorate Canada Gold at 2010 Olympics?

    A thought popped in my head this morning that made me want to include a set of the Canadian Men's Gold Medal team at the 2010 Olympics in my collection. However I did a lot of searching but came up with nothing, except for a set called 2009-10 ITG Vancouver Olympics AU/GU/Patch cards, but for me there are two problems. First is there are only 9 Canadian players in that set. Second it only uses head shots, can't see the Canadian jersey.

    I guess my questions is, was there a set dedicated to the 2010 Canadian Men's gold medal team?

    Thanks!
    Want/Trade list - Hidden Content

  2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
  3. #2
    Here and there have been cards featuring 2010 Olympics memorabilia (quite a few in 2011-12 The Cup) but due to the crazy licensing fees charged by the IOC, sadly there's never been an official Upper Deck (or other company) release.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #3
    There is one, but probably expensive to pick up... it was part of Team Canada Master Collection:

    http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/189428


    Called "Winning Standard".

    It's a 22 Jersey Card set. Doesn't have Scott Neidermayer (no idea why), but it's everyone else from that team.

    The photos are all Team Canada, full logos, but not (at least I don't think) Olympic photos.

    It's expensive though. You got the full 22 card set in each box. I see a set on eBay for $400 - that sound reasonable, as I think the box was more like $1k.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

    Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content


    Hidden Content

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Here and there have been cards featuring 2010 Olympics memorabilia (quite a few in 2011-12 The Cup) but due to the crazy licensing fees charged by the IOC, sadly there's never been an official Upper Deck (or other company) release.
    Thanks for the quick help! I guess I'll have to start piecing together my own set across various years and brands.
    Want/Trade list - Hidden Content

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    There is one, but probably expensive to pick up... it was part of Team Canada Master Collection:

    http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/189428


    Called "Winning Standard".

    It's a 22 Jersey Card set. Doesn't have Scott Neidermayer (no idea why), but it's everyone else from that team.

    The photos are all Team Canada, full logos, but not (at least I don't think) Olympic photos.

    It's expensive though. You got the full 22 card set in each box. I see a set on eBay for $400 - that sound reasonable, as I think the box was more like $1k.
    Wow very informative, thank you very much! I really wanted them in the 2010 uniforms, but since there are none maybe this set is my next best choice.
    Want/Trade list - Hidden Content

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    Thanks for the quick help! I guess I'll have to start piecing together my own set across various years and brands.
    For sure - be sure to check out that 11-12 Cup set. I got a beautiful multi-colour Weber patch for crazy cheap. As with the other stuff, the photo is from a different Team Canada event but the patch is unmistakably 2010.

    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    For sure - be sure to check out that 11-12 Cup set. I got a beautiful multi-colour Weber patch for crazy cheap. As with the other stuff, the photo is from a different Team Canada event but the patch is unmistakably 2010.
    Very nice card! Maybe I could find cards with swatches like yours that are unmistakably from the 2010 jereseys, like this one:

    s-l500.jpg

    Man, I gotta stop expanding my collection....
    Want/Trade list - Hidden Content

  9. #8
    LOL Never stop growing!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    LOL Never stop growing!
    I wish my wallet would listen
    Want/Trade list - Hidden Content

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    There is one, but probably expensive to pick up... it was part of Team Canada Master Collection:

    http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/189428


    Called "Winning Standard".

    It's a 22 Jersey Card set. Doesn't have Scott Neidermayer (no idea why), but it's everyone else from that team.

    The photos are all Team Canada, full logos, but not (at least I don't think) Olympic photos.

    It's expensive though. You got the full 22 card set in each box. I see a set on eBay for $400 - that sound reasonable, as I think the box was more like $1k.
    The box was actually (and still is) around >$2k. Despite the limited production run, there still seems to be quite a few unopened boxes available from resellers due to the high cost. While I couldn't afford to get a box, I did pick up a bunch of cards including the Winning Standard set: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Wong...ing%20Standard (sorry, I haven't had time to move off of photobucket yet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Sponsors

  • Dave and Adams Card World
  • Steel City Collectibles
  • Kronozio
  • PackRip

Follow SCF on