Hockey organizations unveil 'Declaration of Principles'

NEW YORK (AP) — Seventeen hockey organizations teamed up to unveil a "Declaration of Principles" that NHL players hope will boost the game at all levels, particularly among young children and the parents who decide what sports to have them play.

Going beyond the "Hockey is For Everyone" campaign and a partnership with You Can Play that promotes inclusiveness, the league and NHL Players' Association took the unconventional step to list eight guiding principles for hockey culture. USA Hockey, the International Ice Hockey Federation and others joined in on the initiative, which earned praise from Pope Francis and garnered optimism from top players about the impact it could make.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...les/105321180/
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Did they mention a few times that hockey is not cost prohibitive? Do they think the average American can afford $500 of equipment (on the cheap side) plus the thousands of dollars to pay for the season in a house league? Then you add in extra tournaments and possibly travel to said tournaments and it's a huge use of budget dollars.

In my area ice time is ~$400-600, each game costs $80-100 for the refs