Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Fantasy League - Eastern Conference - Trash Talk and Q&A

Alright people! Welcome to the Eastern Conference of the Fantasy League!

@Pheebs888 @sparty07 @Whoop @brosal04 @geschrocks33 @Iheartjacquie @Sharky94 @bgggg2001 @bruinsgirl125 @bhawk3 @fillyphan @TheLastOlympian07

Reminder the draft is on Friday September 29th at 8:30 PM ET

Now, does anyone have any question about how this will work? Are there any fantasy league newbies in this league? If so please do not hesitate to ask questions in this thread.

Before the draft, I highly recommend that you enter a mock draft to check that your computer can support the program and so that you know how it works. You can enter a mock draft here: http://www.espn.com/fantasy/hockey/

Just click the mock draft now link on the ESPN Fantasy hockey page (link above)
    Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.21.16 PM.png

Please make sure that you've read all the rules in the original contest thread and if you will not be able to attend the draft, do make sure that you have turned on auto-draft.

Thanks and have a great season!

Teams:

Lévis Chevaliers: Pheebs888
    Capital Punishment: Sharky94
    Puck Ups: Sparty07
    Koekkoek For Cocoa Puffs: Geschrocks33
    Last edited by Pheebs888; 10-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    I apologize in advance if my picks take so long as I will likely have to auto-draft.

You can turn on the auto pick then ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    I apologize in advance if my picks take so long as I will likely have to auto-draft.

ESPN's machine will automatically turn you into Autopick after the first instance you time out. So if someone doesn't show up, you normally only have to wait for the first timeout, and then it just picks automatically for the rest of the draft. If you panic and time out while you are on, if you log out and log back in, it should reset. That is how it ran last time I used their game, but that was 2 or 3 years ago.

I do have a question. We need to pick 4 each of C, RW, and LW. But when we set or lineups, do we have to have four of each as out starting 12? With only three Bench spots, we wont have a spare for each position. I only ever played in games where you just needed 12 Forwards. I am just wondering if we are going to have to pick up someone any time a player gets hurt in one of the two positions we wont have a backup for?
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

do i get extra points for having the best team name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky94 View Post
    ESPN's machine will automatically turn you into Autopick after the first instance you time out. So if someone doesn't show up, you normally only have to wait for the first timeout, and then it just picks automatically for the rest of the draft. If you panic and time out while you are on, if you log out and log back in, it should reset. That is how it ran last time I used their game, but that was 2 or 3 years ago.

I do have a question. We need to pick 4 each of C, RW, and LW. But when we set or lineups, do we have to have four of each as out starting 12? With only three Bench spots, we wont have a spare for each position. I only ever played in games where you just needed 12 Forwards. I am just wondering if we are going to have to pick up someone any time a player gets hurt in one of the two positions we wont have a backup for?
    Those are the rules, up to you on which positions you get spares, add to the challenge. In any case, if a player gets injured you can IR him and replace him by whichever player of your choice as long as you still have 6 active D-men on your team

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOlympian07 View Post
    do i get extra points for having the best team name?
    If there was such a prize, I'm sorry but it would go to Dan @fillyphan North Kariya actually made me laugh out loud i'll admit... But i'd give you the runner-up ;)

Is there a way to get the draft order earlier than 1 hour prior to the draft? My player rankings could be different if I'm top 3, middle or last 2.

No sorry, those are ESPN rules @sparty07 but hey, we all have to think on our feet ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheebs888 View Post
    North Kariya actually made me laugh out loud i'll admit...
    I also thought that was good... and timely.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast