Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: At last! Finally!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

At last! Finally!

I picked up a 2014 Prizm Tye Dye Prizm #/25 of Julius Thomas tonight on a BIN at the usual place.

It's the last of the 18 card rainbow!

Cost me 20 bucks plus two fifty shipping, but it was worth it. To me, lol.

For some reason, this card didn't pop up as often as other similar cards (other Julius 2014 cards numbered to 25), and when it did, went for unusually high prices. I feel this was overpaying, but what's a collector to do.... I gotta have it.

Are these Tye Dye Prizms from 2014 really sought after by set builders or something? I grabbed the 1/1 Black well over a year ago, and got it for only $30, if memory serves.

And the other numbered cards were easy to come by, and most were only a buck each. A guy wanted (I think still does) like $25 for a blue "team" version #/50, but I got one in open auction for like 5 bucks, shipped.

But this one, that the spellchecker does't like, has eluded me until now.

I know, it's a small thing, but these little triumphs are far and few in between for me. I completed most of his Bronco rainbows a while ago, and it's rare one pops up for me that I still need. At a reasonable price.

I'll post a picture when I get it in.
    Last edited by JWinn; 09-14-2017 at 01:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sweet and it is worth it to us as the one collecting it. Congrats on completing the Rainbow!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

Yes it is!!!!

Thanks Bakemeister! It's funny how exciting is is.

Collecting is almost like sex. The almost orgasmic high of accomplishing something like a large rainbow, or getting really special 1/1.

Now comes what I call the "Al Bundy stage". There was an episode were Al was so giddy for pizza, he was waiting at the door on his tippy toes, all giggly in anticipation.

I'm like that when expecting a puffy in the mail. And my mail lady knows it! lol

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That taking it a little far imo.

Look forward to the show and tell!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@KiloSportsCards See kilosportscards's Items on eBay Instagram:

Yes it is!!!!

Thanks Bakemeister! It's funny how exciting is is.

Collecting is almost like sex. The almost orgasmic high of accomplishing something like a large rainbow, or getting really special 1/1.

Now comes what I call the "Al Bundy stage". There was an episode were Al was so giddy for pizza, he was waiting at the door on his tippy toes, all giggly in anticipation.

I'm like that when expecting a puffy in the mail. And my mail lady knows it! lol

That's funny! I get the same way except my mail is in cluster boxes so I have to go check it myself. I don't even check it if I'm not expecting something and then it piles up..lol. Yeah, those Tie Dye's seem like they were more scarce than the lower numbered ones almost. Unless more people just like to hang onto them and don't sell them. I pulled a James White Tie dye a while back and was able to sell it for a decent amount. Way more than I thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

Yeah, comparing collecting to sex might be a bit of an exaggeration.

But this card was elusive to me, and the "high" I got from it last night was just better than the usual card fix, lol.

Got a shipping email already. No tracking, but it should be here by Tuesday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are these Tye Dye Prizms from 2014 really sought after by set builders or something? I grabbed the 1/1 Black well over a year ago, and got it for only $30, if memory serves.

How were the Tye Dye cards inserted? Maybe they were in special packs only available at Target or something that made them harder to find down the line. It happens with other parallels but I'm not familiar with this set so I'm not positive what the story is behind it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

How were the Tye Dye cards inserted? Maybe they were in special packs only available at Target or something that made them harder to find down the line. It happens with other parallels but I'm not familiar with this set so I'm not positive what the story is behind it.

No clue.

I rarely buy packs or boxes these days, almost strictly singles. Not a clue how Panini is packing out cards those days.

Last box I opened was a 2014 Topps Chrome Mini I got last year.

That's very possible though. There are still two Julius Rookies from 2011, both #/25, that were apparently retail only, and I have never seen them, but Beckett says they exist, so I keep searching.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

The card came today, and my rainbow of it is now complete. Unfortunately, after much trying, I cannot get SCF to upload a picture.

I'm afraid I am out of date, and no longer can figure this stuff out. I've got a headache from it, am starting to get angry, and an unwilling to try again at this time. Sorry.

I've got two shots of the rainbow on my mac in the iPhoto thing, but it just won't upload for me. Always worked for me before, but something has changed, I cannot keep up with this stuff anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Try this:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...K-Photo-Albums

It might be an easier way to upload your pictures