Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gwynn NNOF info

Tony Gwynn NNOF info

96 Fleer Tony Gwynn Road Warriors has NNOF, no silver lining and Fleer '96 isn't at the top. Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Cards in the 90s and today they sometimes print by accident without foil. That looks to be the case with your card. Should be a slight premium for the card to Tony Gwynn collectors.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I actually have a 2000 Topps Charles Woodson Raiders card like that. It was fairly common that cards slipped through the foil process.

I didn't know how common that was....so the foil process is where it should've printed his name and printed fleer 96 as well I assume

Yes. They miss the foil stamping process. It like on Topps baseball through the years, a few sets actually make it through missing colors, for exampke the Topps Frank Thomas rookie with no name on front. It missed the black ink. Simikar thing goes on with the foil on some cards.

I know of the Frank rookie card well with NNOF....With all that said now, what's that do for the price of the card. I know it's not like a rookie card or anything. Just always wondered and found a cool forum that appears to have ppl with same interest as mine obviously lol. I've always just done baseball though

Quote Originally Posted by TyC22 View Post
    I know of the Frank rookie card well with NNOF....With all that said now, what's that do for the price of the card. I know it's not like a rookie card or anything. Just always wondered and found a cool forum that appears to have ppl with same interest as mine obviously lol. I've always just done baseball though
    Probably worth about double whatever the Tony Gwynn insert is worth. Usually people care way more for rookies with the errors than they do for inserts.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

That's what I figured but I sure appreciate the responses

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Probably worth about double whatever the Tony Gwynn insert is worth. Usually people care way more for rookies with the errors than they do for inserts.
    Rookies and superstars are more collectable. I did know of a guy years ago that was trying to put whole sets together of missing foil or ink cards. That was years ago though, today you would need to find an error collector, or a collector of that player or team most of the time. Valuewise, its up to the person who wants it and what theyll pay for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast