Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Jeremy's having a little fun. :)

heehee, couldn't help myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My goto breaker (UD diamond dealer) said it will most likely be Dec...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

To me this is (another) one of those things that indicates that the upper deck portfolio of sets is WAY too wide. There are a handful of sets that if they just ceased to exist the entire hobby would be better for it

This is always a weird time of year. 2017-18 stuff coming out before all of the previous year's stuff is released. Always feel like I'm lost in the matrix or something.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country

To me this is (another) one of those things that indicates that the upper deck portfolio of sets is WAY too wide. There are a handful of sets that if they just ceased to exist the entire hobby would be better for it

Except then UD wouldn't have enough revenue to remain a going concern and there'd be no UD hockey cards. Some may like that scenario especially if you like junknini products.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

There's definitely more ways to extract more revenue from your product portfolio than just creating more products. I would actually say creating more products sounds like the worst idea since you're having to output all the overhead of an additional product

Except then UD wouldn't have enough revenue to remain a going concern and there'd be no UD hockey cards. Some may like that scenario especially if you like junknini products.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country

There's definitely more ways to extract more revenue from your product portfolio than just creating more products. I would actually say creating more products sounds like the worst idea since you're having to output all the overhead of an additional product

Wait, just so I understand, you'd prefer they print the sh*t out of fewer products? That would be the early 90's all over again.

But you did say "ways" so curious, what other methods you were thinking about?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Wait, just so I understand, you'd prefer they print the sh*t out of fewer products? That would be the early 90's all over again.

But you did say "ways" so curious, what other methods you were thinking about?

I don't think it would work that way. I think sets would be limited, even if they are not serial numbered. It will not go back to the 1990s.

UD needs to cut out some products, definitely. I would love to see their sales numbers for each set produced.

The original poster asked about The Cup. I think that set is the most overpriced, least value-for-your-money set produced. There are usually only a handful of players that get ARPs numbered to 99 and they generally fetch well, but the rest of the rookies usually settle down and fetch less (even more so, it seems, if the patch is one color or white). I have one ARP from The Cup (Reilly Smith) and I would gladly move it. They are big, clumsy cards that are prone to damaging easily, the patch isn't game-used, and they are expensive.

The Cup is actually the one set that needs to go.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Only way The Cup goes is if they drop it for something even more high prices.

While UD (I'm sure) would never hand over their sales numbers - I'm betting The Cup dwarfs everything except Series 1 & Tim Hortons, as far as profitability goes for them.

I don't think it would work that way. I think sets would be limited, even if they are not serial numbered. It will not go back to the 1990s.

UD needs to cut out some products, definitely. I would love to see their sales numbers for each set produced.

The original poster asked about The Cup. I think that set is the most overpriced, least value-for-your-money set produced. There are usually only a handful of players that get ARPs numbered to 99 and they generally fetch well, but the rest of the rookies usually settle down and fetch less (even more so, it seems, if the patch is one color or white). I have one ARP from The Cup (Reilly Smith) and I would gladly move it. They are big, clumsy cards that are prone to damaging easily, the patch isn't game-used, and they are expensive.

The Cup is actually the one set that needs to go.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

They sell cardboard with pictures on them, for hundreds of dollars. I cant for the life of me believe a few less products would cause them to close the doors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

UD has to put out over 13 products a year or they would go under? Is that seriously your argument?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast