Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

UD has to put out over 13 products a year or they would go under? Is that seriously your argument?

I'm not sure where the 13 figure comes from. That being said, I would put considerable weight behind Jeremy's statement relative to virtually any commenter on the matter of UD's ongoing market feasibility and survivability.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

They sell cardboard with pictures on them, for hundreds of dollars. I cant for the life of me believe a few less products would cause them to close the doors.

Well, that is exactly the situation they are in. They need revenue to cover their fixed costs including their NHL/NHLPA license fees. Reducing revenue is actually the opposite of what businesses are in business to do.

UD has to put out over 13 products a year or they would go under? Is that seriously your argument?

No, my argument is that in order to cover their license fees, they need to produce however many NHL products per year that they do. That is my argument, seriously. It's actually really simple stuff here guys.

Whoever said that The Cup is the one set that needs to go, that's ridiculous. What company ever kills off their highest end product, the one they keep in secrecy until the last possible minute...the one that even the staff gets the most excited about and the one that their biggest whale customers care the most about? Answer - no company. That was the funniest thing I've read online this decade. LOLOLOL. Try stand-up, seriously.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

I'm not sure where the 13 figure comes from. That being said, I would put considerable weight behind Jeremy's statement relative to virtually any commenter on the matter of UD's ongoing market feasibility and survivability.

Thanks, appreciate that. Having spent time with UD's staffers at their production facilities in NC, head office IN CA as well as being friends with several of their people, I do think I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Only way The Cup goes is if they drop it for something even more high prices.

While UD (I'm sure) would never hand over their sales numbers - I'm betting The Cup dwarfs everything except Series 1 & Tim Hortons, as far as profitability goes for them.

Exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123