Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Don't Take Me For "Dafoe" Just 'Cuz I Added Some Sexy Gear to the Museum!

Hello everyone, I'm back again with my newest pieces for the'ole museum. These are of a goaltender who simply defined what stunninggoaltending equipment could be in a time when (*insert unpopular opinion puffinmeme*) goalies were immensely more creative than those of today. Let's getstarted!

Born inSussex, England on February 25, 1971, Byron Dafoe was drafted 35th overall bythe Washington Capitals in 1989, after an acceptable junior career with thePortland Winterhawks. He was given huge workloads in the WHL, and in variousseasons led the league with most goals against and losses, yet despite that, hefought on instead of giving up, as a future franchise goaltender is expectedto. Starting in the ECHL in 1991-92, Dafoe worked his way up to the AHL as athird stringer to it's starter by 1992-93. Then, the familiar story happened.On November 11, 1992, Jim Hrivnak was pulled from the net against the New YorkRangers and in went Byron Dafoe for a period of one minute and twenty-fiveseconds. He faced no shots, and really no action as Hrivnak resumed his dutiesafterwards. Over the next two seasons, Dafoe only appeared in an additionalnine games with Washington. That off-season, Dafoe was traded to the LosAngeles Kings, where he played two seasons and shared starting minutes withKelly Hrudey, Jamie Storr, and Stephane Fiset. In his first year in LA, heappeared in 47 games, and though he had a losing record, he showed that hecould be a reliable goaltender. After an improved second season with LA, Dafoewas traded to the Boston Bruins, where he quickly became a franchise goalie forthe time period, playing in five seasons for them, appearing in nearly 300games for them in that time span, even leading them into the playoffs in threeof those years going as far as the semi-finals in 1998-99. That season wasstatistically also one of his career best years as he recorded 10 shutouts, a0.926% save average, a 1.99GAA, and 32 wins in 68 games played. In 2002, theBruins allowed Dafoe to be claimed by the work in progress Atlanta Thrashersvia free agency. In his first year with Atlanta in the 2002-03 season, Dafoerecorded a career worst 0.862% save average in 17 games played. The followingseason did not fare much better as he could only muster 4 wins in 18 games withthe struggling team. He retired from play following the conclusion of thatseason.

In his 415game NHL career, he recorded a 171-170-56 record with eight assists, 26shutouts, a 2.69GAA, and a 0.904% save average. In 27 playoff games, herecorded a 10-16 record with three shutouts, a 2.31GAA, and a 0.903% saveaverage.

What youare looking at right now is an autographed glove and blocker set worn by ByronDafoe during the 2003-04 season. Wear is light on the set and features puckmarks. The set has not yet been photomatched (though the exact style ispredominantly photoreferenced for the season) leading me to believe it could beeither a pre-season, practice, or possibly pre-game warmup set.

Acquiredfrom: Anthony Chighisola

Dates ofgame use: Unknown at this time

Photomatched: No, referenced only

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

Well... I'm jealous. Nice pick-up.

The Vamp gear was largely a clone of his Vaughn setup (T5500 / B4000) and if I recall correctly, Vamp was the name of one of his dogs.

Byron-Dafoe-Thrashers-Bruce-Bennett.png

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great looking set! They look beat up pretty good, and the silver-inked signatures stand out really nice.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

wow awsome congrats