Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: lonzo ball mania

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

lonzo ball mania

draft picks and contenders boxes are at 189, and lonzo's card is going anywhere from 200+ for his auto up to 999 for his cracked ice
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONZO-BALL-2...EAAOSwtRBZscYo

markelle is hitting 180s for a /25 auto of dp&c with regular autos hitting mostly the 80s

dsj dp&c autos around 40-60 right now.

when was the last time a rookie got this much hype in the ebay market?

SCF Rewards
    Country

when was the last time a rookie got this much hype in the ebay market?

For basketball? Probably Lebron

I told people this was a perfect situation where his cards would be sky high as you have HYPE (ESPN and others love to show his loud mouth dad so he gets tons of exposure) plus being on the Lakers. Plus you have a totally starved basketball card market where collectors are just dying to invest or gobble up stuff after years of absolute junk.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think investors are going to lose a lot of $$$$ on Lonzo ... if LeBron doesn't come to the Lakers they will probably remain a non-title-contender for the next 5+ years ... and ... if LeBron does come, I wouldn't doubt it if he demands Lonzo be traded as he's not a great running mate for the massively ball-dominant "point forward" that LeBron is ... and if Lonzo isn't a Laker, his card values will most likely plummet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think investors are going to lose a lot of $$$$ on Lonzo

I think this is pretty much a given since he has a 99% chance of going down in prices no matter what he does. The buy in is too high for a guy that unless like you said gets help going to the team as a free agent is going to probably be missing the playoffs a lot. The ESPN hype plus playing for the Lakers gives him the absolute maximum chance for his cards to skyrocket but it doesn't help when everyone is investing like crazy before he even plays a NBA game. You buy low to sell high and I can't imagine his prices topping what I'm seeing and if they do you are better off putting that same money into a different player that could yield a much higher return.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this is pretty much a given since he has a 99% chance of going down in prices no matter what he does. The buy in is too high for a guy that unless like you said gets help going to the team as a free agent is going to probably be missing the playoffs a lot. The ESPN hype plus playing for the Lakers gives him the absolute maximum chance for his cards to skyrocket but it doesn't help when everyone is investing like crazy before he even plays a NBA game. You buy low to sell high and I can't imagine his prices topping what I'm seeing and if they do you are better off putting that same money into a different player that could yield a much higher return.

has he performed well at the summer camps? what players do you see as the upcoming stars of the future ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I know it wasn't his rookie year but reminds me when Jeremy Lin cards went through the roof when he was in New York his second year.

I think Ball is a below average shooter and defender. That being said he is in a big market and I look for him to produce a decent stat line.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

what players do you see as the upcoming stars of the future ?

K.A.T.
    Porzingis
    Jayson Tatum
    Wiggins
    Lonzo

The above would be my picks at each position ... but ... that doesn't mean each of their cards will increase in value as some may be over-priced already

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

has he performed well at the summer camps? what players do you see as the upcoming stars of the future ?

He won Summer League MVP so I imagine that only increased the hype.

I'd add Jokic and (an albeit pending lets-see-what-happens) Ben Simmons to Jameis1of1's list.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never really put any stock into summer camp performances and people can still be stars in the hobby but still command nothing in prices so that's why I'd be hesitant to put my money into the guy. If I pulled something of him I may hold or short term or something to see if he had a big first game or something but long term I can't see his prices staying this high unless he wins an MVP or NBA championship. Both of those I think would almost be impossible to do in the next few seasons for him and the Lakers.