Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Jaromir Jagr will announce his hockey team of choice on Oct. 5, per report

We are two weeks away from officially knowing the fate of Jaromir Jagr. For the past few months, the 45-year-old veteran has been without an NHL team. Now that the league’s offseason has come to a close, it’s apparently time for Jagr to choose.

According to KHL insider Aivis Kalnins, Jagr’s agent has confirmed that he will announce his team on Oct. 5.

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/9/...czech-republic

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hope he has at least one more NHL season left in him.

To be honest - I don't understand why nobody has signed this guy. 46 points last year was a pretty good season - and if he's not asking for the moon (I would want to give him 1 year, 3m - something like that) he would still help a team.

If he plays one more reasonably healthy season - he'll be the all time leader in Games Played.... Currently has 1,711. Only Francis (1731), Messier (1756), and Howe (1767) are ahead of him.

With 1914 career points, I'm thinking he'd need two more (reasonably healthy) seasons to hit 2k - that'd be something to see too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

He's still a useful player, this is puzzling to say the least. He doesn't only bring good play and a ton of experience, he brings name power. He's also a lot of fun and would be a fan favourite wherever he goes. I would love to see him with the Habs on a one-year bonus laden contract. You can't lose. It would make for a fun year, and I know the fan base would love him. C'mon Marc!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

The Traveling Jagrs might need to add another member to the group.
    Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 09-22-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    My trading card blog: Hidden Content

My merch store: Hidden Content

My custom card store on eBay: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

The blackhawks are waiting to put Hossa on LTIR until the season starts to allow the most use of his salary cap hit. Maybe Jagr will be signed in a situation like this.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

That could very well be it.... though if he intended to sign with a particular team in 2 weeks time - you'd think he'd be on a PTO with them right now.

The blackhawks are waiting to put Hossa on LTIR until the season starts to allow the most use of his salary cap hit. Maybe Jagr will be signed in a situation like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I saw a quote from Jagr who said he would not sign a tryout contract. 'I'm not gonna go for it. It's funny we talk about it. After 25 years they know what kind of player I am'

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would probably think the same thing if I were in his shoes: "I need to try out? Then you don't want me enough."

I intended for my point to go hand and hand with the October 5th thing. Suppose an NHL team & Jagr have an agreement in place - but they're waiting until the first week of the season to use some LTIR money (like the Hawks, as you suggested).

If the agreement is there, they're just waiting - a PTO would just be used so that he could be practicing & playing with the team now. It might "legally" be a try out, but he (Jagr) and the team would know its not.

Of course he may not like the idea of training camp anyway, so waiting until October to sign is a good way to get out of it.

I saw a quote from Jagr who said he would not sign a tryout contract. 'I'm not gonna go for it. It's funny we talk about it. After 25 years they know what kind of player I am'

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

His fitness regimen is 2nd to none so need for a tryout.
    His play with the Panthers show he is productive.
    His time with Florida shows he willing to work with all the youngsters.
    Believe he was a fan favorite for the All Star game so always a big draw.

As many have said I figured he would be signed and locked months ago. With all these long term deals killing teams when a player get hurts you know what Jagr brings to the table and if he gets hurt at least your team is only hampered for one season not for a decade of seasons.

DON

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I too thought it was weird that he hadn't signed anywhere yet. A lot of teams could use what he can bring to the table. Both on the ice, and off the ice (things like ticket/jersey sales, etc).
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast