Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Stand or not to stand for the National Anthem.

Saints Brees: I Won't Ever Sit For National Anthem

I think there are some valid points on each side of this argument. Anyone else have personal thoughts? I just think it gotten way out of hand imo.

Don\

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Have no problem with it, either way, sit or kneel.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants
    Twitter: @@amazingrandy1 See erimengde0's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Stand for your flag, and what it represents.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baltravens52's Items on eBay

I agree 100% with Brees. What I'm most pissed off about is ESPN was almost done with beating this dead horse issue and Trump just blew it up again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

100% with Brees. My protest to stop buying football cards until the players start honoring the flag. There are other ways to protest. I had a friend to died in Viet Nam so these young players could play a game. He memory deserves more.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (179)
    Country
    See ctkenjr's Items on eBay

Stand, I will always stand. If you wish to kneel, that is your choice, but if you avoid it or "stretch out" or sit down like a pouting baby as Krapernick did then you are wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree 100% with Brees. What I'm most pissed off about is ESPN was almost done with beating this dead horse issue and Trump just blew it up again

Trump knows what he is doing. If the cause was so good bringing attention to it would be a POSITIVE and not a negative. Actions have consequences and the league has been taking a two faced approach to this. They "support" it publicly but in private the guy who got the ball rolling won't be touched for a job because that's his punishment for speaking out. Just like how Tebow and Michael Sam "rocked the boat" and were punished for it.

All this is doing now is causing the NFL to face consequences for its actions and face the music rather than trying to weasel out of it. They made their bed now they have to lay in it.

P.S. Roger Goodell coming out and endorsing Hillary and bashing Trump last year along with the old USFL versus NFL lawsuit that Trump was involved in probably added to the fact that he wasn't going to stay silent about this. If the NFL wants politics out of its sport they should have stayed the hell away from politics along with ESPN and guys like Costas a long time ago. You just asked for this to happen to you and now you have opened Pandora's box. One that will annihilate them in ways they never imagined possible.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Like Ken, (can I call ya Ken?) I stand.

I've been going to games pretty much my whole life. I've always stood during the National Anthem, and I always will.

I've even been lucky to be chosen to participate in the flag ceremony. It takes about 200 people to carry it out, unfurl it, roll it back up, and carry it thru the stadium back to it's storage. Five or six years ago, at a Cleveland Browns game, my son and I did it. You sign up for it before the season starts.

We had to show up at a specific gate. Stand under the stadium for about an hour, missing everything pre game, and we didn't get to our seats until almost the second quarter, after putting it away and all. A total disruption of my usual pre game routine.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. That was one of the highlights of my season ticket "career", or whatever you want to call it. I don't get to go down on the field that often, and can easily remember each time.

In 17 years now ('new' stadium), I've only been down there twice on game day.

Anyway, everyone near me stands. Period. Even the older woman who uses an electric scooter. The only people who don't stand, ever, are people in wheelchairs.

Hats come off, beer goes into the cup holders, and everyone shuts up or sings. The cops all stand at attention and salute. A lot of us take pictures, and few actually sing (I don't/can't - try sometimes) but everyone is respectful.

However, there are always people coming out just then who only want to find their seats. They usually stop asking questions when they realize what's going on around them, but not always.

And nobody inside is even aware the ceremony is going on as far as I can tell. It MUST be on on all the screens in the place, but the beer keeps flowing, and the food keeps moving. People are using the restrooms, and thousands are still roaming around the main concourse and parking lots. The team store is jamming away at this point, and nobody in there is paying attention to it on the screens.

This whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

It was never about the flag. That's just the most opportune moment for the players to get their message across.

I agree with Ray 52. (can I call ya Ray52?)

Our Brandon Marshall (#54) was one of the guys kneeling last year (about cops, not flags) and he was not doing it this year. I have photos of him, standing, with his hand over his heart at the Packer game a few weeks ago. (No, sorry, I cannot post it, I still have not figured out how to post a picture - don't ask, lol.)

This issue was a scab that had all but healed over, until our President decided for whatever reason he wanted to pick it. And he didn't just pick at it, he took a blade and scrapped it off so he could see it bleed, worse than it ever did when it first happened.

Yeah, I know about Bennet, but that was just a minor hiccup. This issue was pretty much dead, as far as NFL players making protests before games is concerned.

But it looks like it's gonna need surgery now…….

This will pass though. We survived Tebow, we'll survive this.

It's funny. Taking a knee was so "in fashion" here a few years ago. We were ALL doing it. Of course, it was totally a different thing.

Lastly, I'll just say this. I read a lot of hate directed at my team, and the league today on the internet. A lot of people claiming to leave, stop watching, talking about burning jerseys, ripping up tickets, on & on & on….

I called my ticket rep at the stadium and told her I lover her. That I will be there Sunday, as usual, and that they have my support. She claimed I was the first person to call her today and NOT gripe at her and/or demand something.

Many people on the club level have a "Nero" complex, and use her as a punching bag whenever they don't get their way on every little thing. As though she's responsible for everything anyone connected to the team does.

I demand enough from her as it is. I just had a feeling she would be having a rough day.

I also went down to the team store at Dove Valley and picked me up an authentic Shane Ray jersey, a pair of thicker socks for colder games, and a pin from the Charger game I missed at that game.

It's Raider Week! Bring on Marshawn!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whether it's Football, Hockey or Ghetto Ball, sometimes we all seem to forget - these are grown men "playing a game".

Oh yeah, grown men making millions of dollars working for Billionaires who get regular tax-paying slobs to pay for their new stadiums - but it's still just a game.

I've never been in the military but have known several people from different countries who have served. Find a Vietnam vet, sit around one evening (if they feel like talking) and listen to what they went through. While all the rich Liberals were sending their spoiled brats to Canada, regular people didn't have that option. Then listen or read what it was like when (if) they were lucky enough to return home - getting-off a plane and having people walk up to them and spit in their faces.

Spin it however you like but in today's society, there are endless options to protest or whine about how much you hate your country. Dis-respecting your country's flag and National anthem (which is what these spoiled pigs are doing) - is disgusting!

I've been a Steelers fan.....for a very long time. Yesterday, I didn't watch the shame that they now are. It was my first missed game (yes via TV) since 2005. I'm not sure that I'll watch them again. Perhaps if/when their clown of a coach resigns and joins BLM but even coaches are millionaires these days - so why would he? Shaming the only man on his team and forcing him to apologize today - a special kind of coward!

The Pittsburgh Steelers, one/if not the most respected sports franchise in professional sports, hid in their locker room / in the tunnel while their National anthem was being played..............at """Soldier Field"""" no less. That's a shame that no amount of time can ever wash-away.

Thank-you to all veterans and those serving today (and their families) both in Canada and the USA for doing what you do (and what we really don't even know) each and every day.
    Last edited by bdiam; 09-26-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I called my ticket rep at the stadium and told her I lover her. That I will be there Sunday, as usual, and that they have my support. She claimed I was the first person to call her today and NOT gripe at her and/or demand something.

Glad you made her day. Sometimes we can all use that.
    @bdiam

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast