Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTM help

SCF Rewards
    Country

TTM help

I reached out to one of my favorite players (former now though) via Twitter to inquire where I could get an official signed jersey of his. He replied that I could just send him one and he would sign it for me. He didn't ask for anything in return, but I told him that I would cover all shipping costs and would donate to his charity as well.

My question is how much should i donate? I know it's up to me and what i can afford and all, but I've never reached out to an athlete like this. I dont know if there was a "norm". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kinda depends on the caliber of player. Who is it? Are they already on the TTM address list? if so, many times collectors will post how much of a donation they send with requests.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kinda depends on the caliber of player. Who is it? Are they already on the TTM address list? if so, many times collectors will post how much of a donation they send with requests.

It's Jonathan Vilma. I consider him a top player (but I'm biased) but realisticly, he isn't in high demand after the whole bountygate ordeal. I was thinking a $50 donation and $20 ish for shipping should suffice. Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess it would all depend on how much you want to donate and what your feelings are on the organizations he works with. Me personally, when I donate, I always have a thing it will be no less than $5, I donate more depending on if I can afford it and how strongly I feel about where the money is going.

as for the shipping part, always try to send a SASE. So if you are going to send it in a box make the box a little bigger and put another one inside with postage so all he has to do is put it in the box and ship it out just like you would with any other TTM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess it would all depend on how much you want to donate and what your feelings are on the organizations he works with. Me personally, when I donate, I always have a thing it will be no less than $5, I donate more depending on if I can afford it and how strongly I feel about where the money is going.

as for the shipping part, always try to send a SASE. So if you are going to send it in a box make the box a little bigger and put another one inside with postage so all he has to do is put it in the box and ship it out just like you would with any other TTM.

Thanks for the feedback. I have never done a TTM anything before so this is all new to me. I will make it as easy on him as possible. Hoping for positive results!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmyz86's Items on eBay

I agree with what the others said about a donation...your call. Regarding shipping, definitely send an SASE. For a jersey, I'd probably go with a 9x13 (I think that's the size) padded envelope. Get a kitchen scale and weigh EVERYTHING (IE, put the jersey, envelope, marker and letter on the scale) and then jump over to USPS.com to calculate the price. Put some stamps on the envelope, put the envelope, jersey, letter, etc. in a box, and off you go! This is what I've done with baseballs and 8x10s, and I've never had any problem. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What I did when I sent something bulkier than a few cards is have the entire package ready to ship (except for sealing the envelope), take it to the post office and ask for two stamps that would cover that amount (if they ask why two, just tell them it is for return shipping of the same contents and they'll understand). I've never had a problem when doing that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad to see that a true fan and a good guy player have matched up and added a charity donation as well! Sounds like a perfect TTM match! Please post a photo when you get the jersey!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Glad to see that a true fan and a good guy player have matched up and added a charity donation as well! Sounds like a perfect TTM match! Please post a photo when you get the jersey!

I sure will. He is getting back to his house today. Probably a week or so from getting it back. He has been super cool throughout this encounter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally got my package back from Mr Vilma. He signed (and inscribed) the jersey and both 8x10s I sent.

20180111_162254.jpg

Hopefully the pic uploads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast