Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 10.0 - Week 1! Leg 5 in the UD RAK 'Em Up Contest!

For more information and rules about this contest, please see this thread.

The theme for this week is: Best TTM/IP autographed card/item (your best card/item that you received through the mail or in person)

The theme will run from today until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, Oct. 7th, 2017

General Rules

1. You MUST post a new scan/picture of your card with your handwritten ID next to it in this thread.
    2. Only one submission per member per week.
    3. A card can only be submitted ONCE throughout the whole contest, so choose wisely.
    4. If you make a mistake, do NOT edit your post! Instead, create a new one, or your entry for the week will be disqualified. No exceptions.

* Any card that won in last years Show & Tell contest cannot be used again this year!

REMEMBER!
    EVERY entry will earn you 25cc!
    AND the more entries we get, the more points you can earn for our UF RAK 'EM Up Contest!
    50+ entries in a week: 3 points to the winner, 2 to 2nd place, 1 for 3rd

20-49 entries: 2 points to the winner, 1 for 2nd place
    Under 20 entries: 1 point to the winner

And of course... Don't forget about the prize!

An autographed 11x14 photo of Grant Fuhr!!!

Thank you to our good friends at Players Choice Sportscards & Collectibles for providing us with this beautiful photo. Be sure to check out their Facebook page!

Good luck!

Inserting the image directly in your post:
    When viewing the card in your photobucket.. Look to the right. Under "Share this photo", copy the direct link and simply paste it here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Howdy! This is an IP Gordie Howe auto from the HUGE (tiny) card show in Langley, B.C. a few years back..........

It used to look like this, a sheet-cut card from UD The Cup............

AND, PSA/DNA was on site that day to instantly authenticate the signature.............

Goes without saying that the best part of getting the card signed was meeting Gordie Howe, duhhhh.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

Pat_LaFontaine_Auto_Week1.jpg

This card was autographed by Pat LaFontaine in person, back when I was in middle school in the early 1990s. Here's the quick story, with dialogue:

Dad: Hey son, would you like to go to an antiques & fine art auction with me tonight?
    Me: Umm, I don't know.
    Dad: It might be fun. Maybe I'll actually try bidding on something.
    Me: I'm not sure.
    Dad: Pat LaFontaine will be there signing autog...
    Me: I'LL GO!

So, I went. I'm pretty sure my dad didn't win any items, and the showroom was really stuffy and hot (it was during the summer). But Pat LaFontaine was pretty huge in New York back then, so it was an opportunity I didn't want to miss.

After the auction ended, I waited on line with a couple of hockey cards for Mr. LaFontaine to sign. I think I may have been the only kid there. When I finally got to the front of the line he greeted me with a smile, as if he were saying, "You sat through this entire auction just to get an autograph, didn't you?" And he happily signed both of the cards I brought -- this one, and a 1990-91 Score card.

A pretty cool moment for a hockey fan growing up in New York.
    My trading card blog: Hidden Content

My merch store: Hidden Content

My custom card store on eBay: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I grew up in a time when Phoenix first got a hockey team. Eventually, the ground breaking ceremony for the Glendale Arena came around while I was on spring break and able to drive. As the ceremony was waiting to get started I noticed Sean Burke in the crowd and seeing as I had a brand new "commemorative puck" in my hand, I went over and was able to get him to sign the puck. It's not the most famous of goalies (but he was a personal favorite for awhile), but it is a great memory that combined with my attending the first game at Glendale Arena is a fun story for me.

Burke.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Great stuff guys! Keep them coming :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I’ll jump in on this week (will not be a regular occurrence)

This was from @Pheebs888 in a secret Santa back in 2008 or 2009

The French Connection - Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert and Rick Martin (RIP!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMG_0099.JPG
    Here I have something I signed for my dad, He always told me how much he liked watching Lanny McDonald play so when he was in Kamloops I had to go meet him and get an autograph for him. Lanny is a really cool guy and was nice enough to have me meet some of the others guys and overall it was a great night which ended up with me having a beer with Mark Recchi and Lanny. I have some signed RC from Recchi but this picture of Lanny with the Cup is my fav. because of what it means to my father.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

John Tavares was at my bank and my brother in law called me to get a card or 2, since Tavares said he would sign for us.

Was nice about it and did it on the spot

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh I have a dandy.

Carey Price signed giant head. Got the autograph from an event he did here in Kelowna, and now this beauty comes to games with me. I even made the Habs' Instagram. Does me being in the image overrule the handwritten thing? Because I can do that too but it's nowhere near as cool.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Carey Price signed giant head. Got the autograph from an event he did here in Kelowna, and now this beauty comes to games with me. I even made the Habs' Instagram. Does me being in the image overrule the handwritten thing? Because I can do that too but it's nowhere near as cool.

Shoulda thought about that at the time and writ your name on your forehead with a neon pink sharpie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast