Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

I want to go to a World Series game at Yankees Stadium (being from the PNW) never been to the old or new Yankees Stadium or Cooperstown! I think either a Game 1 or Game 4!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, 2006 SP Paul McQuistan and Michael Gallup!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor, NCIS
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, Graig Nettles, Harmon Killebrew, Gary Sanchez and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Oh where oh where to begin I guess in 1903 Game 1 that started it all between the Pilgrims vs the Pirates then fast forward to seeing 1909 between Wagner vs Cobb in the final game of that series. Then fast forward still to 1932 to the game whether Ruth called it or not game then 1934 to see Ducky Medwick get showered with bottles & Fruit in game 7 in Detroit. Then fast forward still to see the 1945 series the last time before last year of the Cubs in the Series then head to 1955 see Dem Bums win finally for Flatbush then 1956 game 5 for to see the perfect game then 1960 for game 7 & try to get the ball that Mazeroski hit to beat the Yankees giving Pittsburgh a win then attend all 7 games of the 1968 series that was the last time before playoffs occur then moving to 1971 seeing Clemente star in his final fall classic then watching all the 1975 series then moving forward to all the 1984 series then going on to game 3 before the the delay in the 1989 series then all 4 games of the 1990 & then perhaps game 7 of the 2001 series in Arizona then game 7 of last years. Well that's my take on what games I would like to see.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am certain there are stats that show how often a WS goes 5, 6, or 7 games.

It comes down to weighing the odds for the best outcome (a clincher) and the worst outcome (game doesn't happen). With game 4 you have 100% certainty that the game is played, but the worst odds of clinching. With game 7, those odds are reversed (worst odds of being played, but 100% certainty of a championship).

I would think (although I am just guessing) that sweeps are rare enough that you could pick game 5 and still have a very good chance of going while increasing your chance of seeing a clincher. So, off the top, I would say game 5.

Anybody have the time/knowledge to crunch the numbers on this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild

Well, this is tough. My dad, when he was 13yrs old, was lucky enough to see Game 6 Of arguably one of the greatest World Series ever played. 1991. He said when Puckett hit his walkoff Homer in the bottom of the 11th, he finally understood what the announcers meant when they said it was electric, or the noise, deafening. His hair stood on end and it was so loud, it got silent. Of course, Jack Buck had one of the best calls in history with his “and we’ll see you......tomorrow night” call. Dad got goosebumps whenever seeing replays or telling the story.

He told me he watched game 7 from home the next night, he said even knowing the outcome of both games, he wouldn’t have traded game 6 for game 7 tickets. Even though, again arguably, one of the best pitching performances in World Series history was on display that night. With Jack Morris getting the complete game shutout win after going 10 innings, against a potent Braves Batting Order.

Not me. Game 7. I’d cross fingers, hold my breath, pray that it went the distance. Because it all comes down to one game, both teams at the end have the chance at being champs, or being eliminated. The entire season, from spring training to all star break, to pennant chase, to playoffs. All the injuries, traveling, slumps, hot streaks, all of it comes down to just one game.

To me, that’s the most intense, exciting, and anxiety filled thought as a fan. Just. One. Game.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    Twitter: @scfnews See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack

If you could get tickets to any game of the World Series, which game would you choose?

I love some of the replies to this.
    @GurlLovesTheHobby - thanks for sharing your story about your dad. Awesome read
    @CardsAndPhils - it’s an interesting spin you put on this to look at the analytics of the series to make a decision.
    @BSEBALLCOMMISH75 - I read your post and wonder how much of this you had stored as knowledge - love the history lesson

@bakemeister52 - if you do get to Cooperstown, I would go around this time of year. The drive to Cooperstown is awesome with the start of the fall foliage, especially since it’s a good drive from any major points in New York State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

SCF Rewards
    Country

I second the notion that Autumn is a great time to go to Cooperstown. It makes for a beautiful drive and if you go in the middle of the summer, it's just too darn HOT!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    @scottkoz20 *impression of a old man in his 90's* let me tell you what I know about the game son is way too much hence the reason why I am glad to have a strong special lady in my life otherwise I would go crazy with posts every day about the game lol.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the info on Cooperstown and it is on my Bucket List. I am 65 and want to fly in and go to Yankees stadium and then to Cooperstown and then to Cleveland Ohio for the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Bakemeister52 you might want to try to accomplish that bucket list item next year when the National Sports Card Convention is in Cleveland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12