Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

A Piece Brought of Kinship, a Shared Ancestry! A "Vay"ry Proud Add to the Museum!

Being ofHungarian descent, I am always excited whenever a fellow Hungarian gets closeto making the NHL. The last one that had me really thrilled was Levente Szuperwhen in 2002-03, he became the first Hungarian to be on an NHL active rosterwhen he sat as the back-up goalie for the Flames for a total of nine gameswithout any icetime. Though several have been close-ish since, such as JanosVas, and Zoltan Hetenyi, this guy, to me at least, has the best chance of beinga Hungarian first in the NHL. So when this piece came up thanks to a tip fromfellow collector Jay Fourr, I had to acquire it!

Born inBudapest, Hungary on March 22, 1994, Adam Vay is a tall six-foot-five goaltenderwho gained international attention while playing for the Hungarian nationalteam in the 2015-16 IIHF World Championships. In 147 minutes of ice time inthat tournament, Vay faced 100 shots from Team Canada, Team Finland, and TeamUSA, stopping 91% of them. This strong series of performances despite being on avastly less experienced team (at least compared to the three he faced) caughtthe attention of the Minnesota Wild. The team signed Vay after the conclusionof the tournament. After being in their training camp, he was eventuallyre-assigned to the Quad City Mallards of the ECHL. There, he appeared in 39games, recording a 20-17 record with 3 shutouts, a 3.03GAA, and a 0.900% saveaverage. On top of that, he recorded 23 penalty minutes, some of which was theresult of a fantastic one hit knockout goalie fight he was involved in. He wasalso called up to the Iowa Wild, though did not get to play. In 2017-18, Vayalso took part in the Wild training camp and performed better than the previousseason. He appeared in several pre-season games for the Wild in the pre-seasonbefore being assigned to the Iowa Wild of the AHL, where he currently is. Willhe make the NHL? We shall see, though I certainly hope so!

What you arelooking at right now is a glove and blocker set worn by Adam Vay while withTeam Hungary and also while with the Minnesota Wild in the 2016-17 NHL trainingcamp. The wear is substantial on both pieces and they were both easilyphotomatched.

AcquiredFrom:
    MinnesotaWild with COA

Dates ofGame Use:
    May 8, 2016 vCanada (11-12, 7-1)
    May 11, 2016v Finland (48-51, 3-0L)
    May 13, 2016v USA (32-37, 5-1L)
    2016-17Minnesota Wild Training Camp

Photomatched:YES
    http://www.gettyimages.ca/license/530709616

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome glove and blocker set. Wow.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

That blocker is amazingly beat up. It's nice to see all those puck marks on it