Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Suggestions for a wanna-be memorabilia/autograph collector?

Hi all,

Quite a while ago (say 2009) I did quite a bit of TTM autograph requests and received some decent pieces that I still display today. I have that itch again but I believe things have changed quite a bit since I last collected.

1 - I really like autograph items with inscriptions, not necessarily addressed to me but things like HOF, MVP, HR #X, etc.
    2 - The last time I worked with TTM the biggest difficulty was being from Canada and having to send things to the US, buy US stamps, determine cost to send back from US to Canada, etc. Is this still quite a hard process to do?
    3 - Are players a little more adapt to signing now, or is it about the same?
    4 - Back when I used to do this, most said to write a hand written letter. Does this still look better?
    5 - The other option I have is to buy the pieces I like however I don't find that as fun. I'm not sure if there are other recommended way (stores) where I can purchase items like this in Canada.

Sorry for the long winded post, but just hoping someone out there had similar goals and can help me a bit.

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

1- if I want an inscription, I won't ask in my letter; I just stick a post it note to the card asking politely for an inscription. (Ex.- Would you please inscribe 4x All-Star? Thank you!)
    2- You can buy US stamps online (usps.com)
    3- I didn't collect in '09, so idk.
    4- I hand write most of the time; I have typed and seen no difference. I just prefer writing them.
    I hope this helps. Happy new year!